Why does it only ever show 2 points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does it only ever show 2 points?

I think I'm doing something very basic wrong, but I've added a temperature and a power measuring Z-wave device, and when I ask for the chart (over any time length), I always get a straight line, with a point on the very left and the very right edge of the graph and nothing inbetween - no data. What am I messing up - how to get all the data values for these devices over say a 24-hour period? The manual says

> clicking ““ to move it to the list of “Monitored Devices.”

but I don't see what the instructions show - I see no list of "monitored devices"!
    Last edited by mlevin77; September 16, 2015, 05:41 PM.

Can you share a screenshot of your plugin Config page where it shows the devices to be monitored? Also of the chart page?

Comment

Yep, here's a screenshot of what I see; it doesn't look like what's in the manual.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
        Yep, here's a screenshot of what I see; it doesn't look like what's in the manual.
        Yikes - sorry I missed this one as well!

The manual must be from a previous version; the screen you're seeing in your screenshot is the new setup process.

As far as why you don't get data, the plugin relies on HomeSeer's "value change" callback. If the devices you're trying to monitor don't set their values but only rely on string changes, the plugin never finds out about it. And when you ask for a chart, if the data can't be found, it assumes the current value has always been the value and still is the value, therefore it results in a straight line.

I am going to play around with also using the "string change" callback and see if that makes sense for this plugin or if it's too "noisy".

Comment

> The manual must be from a previous version

can you put up a URL to the latest, correct version? I'd like to make sure I'm looking at the right thing.

> As far as why you don't get data, the plugin relies on HomeSeer's "value
          > change" callback. If the devices you're trying to monitor don't set their
          > values but only rely on string changes, the plugin never finds out about it.

the weird thing is that it sometimes works fine (I have lots of datapoints) and sometimes only 2. So it's not a "permanent" feature of the device. The same device sometimes gives lots of data. What option on the device setup page can I use to make sure it generates regularly-spaced data readings and sends to HS3?

> I am going to play around with also using the "string change" callback

great!

Comment

Working...
          X