Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A plugin is...

Spud;

I just came across this and don't remember reading anything about it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1210907

It doesn't seem to populate with any options. Am I missing something?

I am looking for some way to detect if an interface has failed to connect or lost its connection. I have had a few instances where a plug-in fails to initialize on startup. It is usually a random plug-in and does not happen every time.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

This is because "A Plugin is..." can only be used as a condition, but there is no way with the HS API to not make it show as a trigger also. I should probably add a text message to avoid any confusion.

Try it as a condition, it should work ok.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      This is because "A Plugin is..." can only be used as a condition, but there is no way with the HS API to not make it show as a trigger also. I should probably add a text message to avoid any confusion.

Try it as a condition, it should work ok.
      Got it! I didn't dig into conditions. Do you just enter the full plug-in name as it shows on the management page plus the instance name (if more than one instance) to have it check the status of a plug-in?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1190588

If I wanted to start a plug-in that failed to load I don't see any actions to load or unload a plug-in, so I guess I would have to use Jon00's script or an equivalent. Is that assumption correct?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Got it! I didn't dig into conditions. Do you just enter the full plug-in name as it shows on the management page plus the instance name (if more than one instance) to have it check the status of a plug-in?
        yes

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        If I wanted to start a plug-in that failed to load I don't see any actions to load or unload a plug-in, so I guess I would have to use Jon00's script or an equivalent. Is that assumption correct?
        There is no function in the HS API to enable/disable a plug-in. I will ask Rich if this could be added.

Jon00's script could work, but last time I checked it had some problems with systems where you have multiple instances of the same plug-in.

Comment

Jon00's script could work, but last time I checked it had some problems with systems where you have multiple instances of the same plug-in.
          Yes, I had the same issue. And I would love a more easy way to enable/disable a plugin through an event...
          stefxx

Comment

It does have that problem. I have to use plug-in numbers instead of names. It works, but all events that use it have to be checked or edited if I add or remove a plug-in.

Comment

Working...
            X