Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spanning midnight with time range on a schedule....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanning midnight with time range on a schedule....

Is there any way to have a time range on a schedule that spans midnight?

What I want is a time range that lasts from sunset to 1:00am every day. I tried this but it doesn't work because it thinks Mon 1am is before Sun sunset according to the error in the log.

[Sun Sunset;Mon 01:00]

I know I could create 2 time ranges for this, but I want to use this schedule as a "when the time enters a schedule range" trigger in an event, and I don't want it to trigger at midnight, only at sunset. I know there are several ways I could get this to do what I want, but I'm trying to make my evening lighting events a pair of simple turn this on when entering the schedule, turn this off when leaving the schedule events.

Look at the post below, "Conditions - The time is......" for a very in depth discussion of time parameters.
    Last edited by prnorton; July 2, 2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davlarso View Post
      Is there any way to have a time range on a schedule that spans midnight?

What I want is a time range that lasts from sunset to 1:00am every day. I tried this but it doesn't work because it thinks Mon 1am is before Sun sunset according to the error in the log.

[Sun Sunset;Mon 01:00]

I know I could create 2 time ranges for this, but I want to use this schedule as a "when the time enters a schedule range" trigger in an event, and I don't want it to trigger at midnight, only at sunset. I know there are several ways I could get this to do what I want, but I'm trying to make my evening lighting events a pair of simple turn this on when entering the schedule, turn this off when leaving the schedule events.
      There is a problem with Easy Trigger spanning midnight on Sunday night only. For that night you will have to schedule from the start time until Monday at 00:00 and from Monday at 00:00 until the end time. The rest of the days can span midnight as shown below.

[Sun Sunset+01:00;Mon 00:00],
      [Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise-01:00],
      [Mon Sunset+01:00;Tue Sunrise-01:00],
      [Tue Sunset+01:00;Wed Sunrise-01:00],
      [Wed Sunset+01:00;Thu Sunrise-01:00],
      [Thu Sunset+01:00;Fri Sunrise-01:00],
      [Fri Sunset+01:00;Sat Sunrise-01:00],
      [Sat Sunset+01:00;Sun Sunrise-01:00]

When done this way, it will be considered a contiguous span and will not exit/enter at midnight.

Another tip: you can copy the block above into notepad, edit the times, then copy the block and paste it into an Easy Trigger schedule. It will remove the new line characters as it is saved. I find that easier than trying to build a schedule within the plug-in.

What "prnorton" is referring to above is to do with standard HS conditions not spanning midnight on any night.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
      X