Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Spud
    What happened to ALL in the Group? When I installed this beta looks like the only thing available is ANY.
    "All" is only available for conditions not for triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      "All" is only available for conditions not for triggers.
      Why ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Why ?

because that doesn't make much sense

what does a trigger like "IF All device's value in this group change and become X" would mean?

if it means all the devices change at the same instant, this trigger would never happen
        if it means one changes and becomes X, and the other in the group are already X, then it's equivalent to

IF Any device's value in this group has just changed
        AND IF All device's value in this group are X

Comment

what does a trigger like "IF All device's value in this group change and become X" would mean?
          A simple ANDing of all items vs your ORing of them with ANY.

When ALL become Value = X ...

D1 = X and D2 = X and D3 = X

... in the case above, the Trigger becomes true immediately when all 3 devices have value of X

This is ideal for Groups of sensors. Example with usage...

MotionGroupGreatRoom = No Motion ... turn off lights when all motion stops
          TemperatureGroup = 32F ... turn on heater when all sensors show the temp as freezing
          DoorSensors = Closed ... do not allow alarm event to arm unless all doors are closed
          WindowSensors = Closed ... do not allow alarm event to arm unless all windows are closed

Comment

A simple ANDing of all items vs your ORing of them with ANY.

When ALL become Value = X ...

D1 = X and D2 = X and D3 = X

... in the case above, the Trigger becomes true immediately when all 3 devices have value of X

This is ideal for Groups of sensors. Example with usage...

MotionGroupGreatRoom = No Motion ... turn off lights when all motion stops
            TemperatureGroup = 32F ... turn on heater when all sensors show the temp as freezing
            DoorSensors = Closed ... do not allow alarm event to arm unless all doors are closed
            WindowSensors = Closed ... do not allow alarm event to arm unless all windows are closed
            as I said this is strictly equivalent to:

Comment

right, just not as intuitive IMO as 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Comment

The way I would look at this is the trigger is any group value has changed And (arguments)

1. the sum (groups value) >= 1

2. The sum (groups value) =0

Rather than All devices...

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                  The way I would look at this is the trigger is any group value has changed And (arguments)

1. the sum (groups value) >= 1

2. The sum (groups value) =0

Rather than All devices...
                  Yup. This is why having it as a trigger makes sense to me. I have a script that does this, creates a vDevice from multiple physical devices. Would like to replace the script with ET

Comment

Found a large limitation to "IF All device's value in this group are X"
                    ... does not work when the physical devices / status values are not identical.

for example, Motion Sensors:

Motion Detected on some devices set the Value to 1, others to 255, others to 8.
                    Your Condition fails here. If you change it to allow for text status ("Motion"), this might fix the problem - not sure.

BTW - any chance you can add a Rename function to the Schedules & Groups?
                    Last edited by Ltek; October 14, 2017, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Your Condition fails here. If you change it to allow for text status ("Motion"), this might fix the problem - not sure.

Try
                      <>0
                      For motion
                      cheeryfool

Comment

just create sub groups for your motions sensors:

IF Any device's value in MotionSensors has just changed
                        AND IF All device's value in MotionSensors_1 are 1
                        AND IF All device's value in MotionSensors_255 are 255
                        AND IF All device's value in MotionSensors_8 are 8

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          Try
                          <>0
                          For motion
                          This. I have 5 occupancy motion sensors and test for any being "not off (0)" or all being "off (0)".

Comment

just create sub groups for your motions sensors:

IF Any device's value in MotionSensors has just changed
                            AND IF All device's value in MotionSensors_1 are 1
                            AND IF All device's value in MotionSensors_255 are 255
                            AND IF All device's value in MotionSensors_8 are 8
                            ... This is more work than doing it in a script. Each room/area may have several, and different sensors. That is a lot of groups. Keeping track of all of it is harder than simply using a script that say If 1 OR 255 or 8 ... or just looking for status text "Motion"

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                            This. I have 5 occupancy motion sensors and test for any being "not off (0)" or all being "off (0)".
                            This doesnt work 100% of the time because many multi-motion sensors (Zooz & Monoprice -- aka Vision) use that child device to send other status, unrelated to motion -- see the screen cap attached
                            Attached Files

Comment

I guess it all depends on what you use the sensors for. For my occupancy usage case I would assume any non-zero value to indicate that the sensor had detected some kind of activity.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                                I guess it all depends on what you use the sensors for. For my occupancy usage case I would assume any non-zero value to indicate that the sensor had detected some kind of activity.
                                It's not that... If you assume any non zero is motion then you can get false positives.

Comment

Working...
                                X