Easy Trigger Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Trigger Group

ok i know i am missing something obvious here, but i need to check. when evaluating values in a device group, you state that the group can be defined by Name, Location1, Location2 or Type.

I get the location 1 & 2 tags, but the Name and Type fields i dont 100% get, does the name field accept wildcards (*) and lastly the Type Field, when looking at the device which type field does this correspond? is it the Node Type, or Device Type field this corresponds, and does that accept wildcards (*)

the best solution for this would be that you can specify any device with Location 2 as say living room and the type is *Motion*, but it doesn't look like you can compound the evaluation?

Regards

Stuart Buchanan

the type field is the "Device Type (string)" that you can see in the Advance tab or in the Type column of the device management page.
    They do not accept wildcards but yes that would be a great addition.

You can't compound, and that would be a little more challenging to implement. I was thinking instead of adding this feature to add the possibility to create user defined groups by manually picking the devices you want in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I was thinking instead of adding this feature to add the possibility to create user defined groups by manually picking the devices you want in the group.

Now that, right there, would make this feature useful to me. As it is I don't have too much of a need for it.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Now that, right there, would make this feature useful to me. As it is I don't have too much of a need for it.
        Agreed, Spud if you could think of adding that in a future version, that would be awesome...

dont worry not expecting it overnight, as i know what dev entails as i am one myself

Comment

I think adding devices to a group is an awesome idea. When you do make more changes it would be nice to correct "All device" to "All devices".
          Last edited by andyf; September 30, 2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Funny that only 10 mins ago I started to see if/how EasyTrigger could do this - and found that it cannot even with the new features. So, I was about to post the exact same thing, just now and saw this thread.

My Composite Devices (posted here) script does exactly this but having the functionality in ET would be really nice.

What the script does, maybe Spud can replicate some/most...

1. Dynamically, in real time, updates vDevices with a "Composite View" for a given device types (aka Group).
            -- this means if you add a new device, within the same room, etc; you don't need to go into the script to 'select it'; if it is named properly the script will automatically pull it in immediately
            -- This way, events can reference a single device 'group' and you have an immediate visual from any UI (Web, Imperihome, etc) of the group status and what is tripped/open/etc

2. vDevices/Grouping is user defined based on key words. You can use Location 1 and/or Device Name. For example: Garage, Motion, etc. And also exclude specific words from Location 2
            -- thus, you can have it pull in "Main Garage Motion Sensor" while excluding "Outside Garage Motion Sensor"
            -- I could easily allow it to exclude other key words from the Name or Location, thus include "Main Garage Sensor" & exclude "Main Garage Detector"

3. It will update the Composite vDevices 'Status Text' so that you can see on the device (in Imperihome, etc) exactly what real devices are being tripped, are open, etc. So the device will have something like this...
            Front Door Lock
            Mudroom Door Lock
            or
            Living Room Window 1
            Dining Room Window 3
            etc

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
              I think adding devices to a group is an awesome idea. When you do make more changes it would be nice to correct "All device" to "All devices".

Comment

I think adding devices to a group is an awesome idea.
                Yes!
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

in version 3.0.0.38 (availbale in Bets section of the updater), I have added support for user defined groups. Please test and report any bug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	userdefinedgroup.png
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1192530

Comment

wow, very quick.

great work thanks...

I will update later, but i wont be able to provide any feedback until the weekend due to work commitments.

Thanks

fuzzysb

Comment

Installed and running with 10 device group triggers. Seems to be working fine. Not the implementation I was expecting and makes the event look a little messy depending on how many devices are in the group, but totally functional. Just wanted to mention that this trigger and conditionals have enabled me to remove around 15 events and 5 virtual devices.

Thanks for the "All devices" update too, just my OCD kicking in.

Comment

Installed and running with 10 device group triggers. Seems to be working fine. Not the implementation I was expecting and makes the event look a little messy depending on how many devices are in the group, but totally functional.

Thanks for the "All devices" update too, just my OCD kicking in.
                        what were you expecting?

Comment

In my head I was picturing a section in the Plug-In Config where you created a Group Name and added the devices you wanted to be in that group. Then in the event you merely referenced the Group Name.

But I imagine that would be a lot more work and effort and the way it works now is great.

Comment

In my head I was picturing a section in the Plug-In Config where you created a Group Name and added the devices you wanted to be in that group. Then in the event you merely referenced the Group Name.

But I imagine that would be a lot more work and effort and the way it works now is great.
                            +1 exactly what I was thinking about. It would be very useful and easier to add in different events... but perhaps harder to realize

Comment

@spud
                              the new additions look good - I did find one situation that breaks the ability to use in many situations...

When devices are not using the same Status Values

Motion detectors are key example of this:
                              Schalge & Fibaro use 0 = no motion, 255 = motion
                              Monoprice & Zooz use 0 = no motion, 8 = motion (and 7 for some reason is there but never used, not sure why)

... since HST does not standardized (like it should) common device type status values this problem will never go away.

... the solution I use in my script is to define 255, 7 & 8 as 'motion'

Also, 2 Questions...

'Any device whose' options:
                              Can you make it allow compounding so we can tweak based on multiple variables - like Name & Location?

Example -- Any device whose Name = motion AND Location 1 = Garage

"Set Device's string":
                              Is it possible, in the event without n additional script, to set the device string dynamically, based on which sensor is tripped?

Comment

Working...
                              X