Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Schedules with midnight sun

Hi.
    I did a search for this bug but didn't find any relevant post.

I have an issue with the schedules. I've designed a weekly schedule to follow sunset and sunrise and to start evening light and night light when it's getting dark and during night.
    I've defined the one schedule to be like this : start at 30 min AFTER sunset, end at 60 min before sunset.
    :
    I live in Sweden where sun sets at round 23.30 during summer, and rises at 00.30. In winter the times are sunset: 15.00 and rise 10:00
    This doesn't work at all and throws an error during Homeseer startup saying something about invalid schedules and the schedules can't be seen on the configure page (only in the configuration file stored under the EasyTrigger-directory).
    Some schedules doesn't seem to be considered invalid but those schedules, during summer is invalid, and in some situation gets inverted.

How do i solve these schedules, or can you perhaps code so that schedules still can be considered as valid schedules, but perhaps with 0 duration. Then the events would not freak out and I didn't need to micro manage Homeseer?

can you post the definition of the schedule you have defined and that throws errors?
    You should be able to see it in Config/EasyTrigger.ini. If you want to restart from scratch delete the definition in the ini file, and restart the EasyTrigger plugin.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I've modified the schedules (unfortunately to a non-working-stage automation-wise) and can't provide all non working schedules. But this schedule had troubles:

[Mon Sunset-00:30;Tue Sunrise+00:30],[Tue Sunset-00:30;Wed Sunrise+00:30]

When sun set at 23.50, and rose at 00:05 this threw errors

Comment

what errors does it throw and when?

Comment

Hi
          Can't paste the exact errors (reinstall of homeseer on new OS), but it occured at Homeseer startup.

But I remember the issue and replicate it by doing this schedule :
          LjusVardagsMorgon2=[Mon 08:20;Mon 07:00]

This gives

ERROR System.FormatException: end time Mon 07:00 cannot be before start time Mon 08:20 at HSPI_EasyTrigger.WeekScheduleTimeSlot.Parse(String s) at HSPI_EasyTrigger.WeekSchedule.SetTimeSlots(String timeSlots)

The same issue occurs when Begin is set at Sunset + 30min and End is set at Sunrise - 60min, ie 00:15 : 23.30

Comment

Originally posted by Daned View Post
            Hi
            Can't paste the exact errors (reinstall of homeseer on new OS), but it occured at Homeseer startup.

But I remember the issue and replicate it by doing this schedule :
            LjusVardagsMorgon2=[Mon 08:20;Mon 07:00]

This gives

ERROR System.FormatException: end time Mon 07:00 cannot be before start time Mon 08:20 at HSPI_EasyTrigger.WeekScheduleTimeSlot.Parse(String s) at HSPI_EasyTrigger.WeekSchedule.SetTimeSlots(String timeSlots)

The same issue occurs when Begin is set at Sunset + 30min and End is set at Sunrise - 60min, ie 00:15 : 23.30

I can see how a time range defined as "Sunset + 30min and End is set at Sunrise - 60min" can cause errors because this creates a time range where the end time is before start time and I think I can fix that.
            But in your first example: [Mon Sunset-00:30;Tue Sunrise+00:30],[Tue Sunset-00:30;Wed Sunrise+00:30], this can never be the case, so I think this one should work ok.

Comment

I fixed the problem in version 3.0.0.50 which is available in the Beta section of the updater. Please test and let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Hi.
                Tried forcing an error with this schedule : [Mon Sunset+08:00;Tue Sunrise-05:00] = Tue 04:10 to Tue 00:28 . No errors in log and the schedule is editable. Checking the graphic representation of the schedule it's hard to tell the lenght of the schedule; that might be the only thing I reacted on.

Comment

Working...
                X