Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to query/discover which device in an ET Group has caused the trigger ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to query/discover which device in an ET Group has caused the trigger ?

Hi,

I've got a group with 5 devices in it and an event set up to cause an action when any device in the group changes. Great. Works fine.

What I'd like is also the ability to somehow understand which single device in the EasyTrigger group caused the trigger - either a reference ID or address would be great.

Is this possible ?

e.g. All Door/Window sensors in one group and then either publish or query on which door/window caused the trigger to fire.

Thanks

David

Answering my own post.....

RTFM :-)

When a trigger based on a group is fired 4 global variables ETDeviceRef, ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue and ETDeviceStatus are set, which respectively track the ref#, the name, the value and the status of the triggering device.

Take my money......this is a great plugin.

Comment

Easy Trigger has four global variables:

“When a trigger based on a group is fired 4 global variables ETDeviceRef, ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue and ETDeviceStatus are set, which respectively track the ref#, the name, the value and the status of the triggering device.
      This allows to use information about the triggering device in the event action...”.

Read here.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks - just got there. Alas it's not quite giving what I'd be expecting.

The ETDeviceName Global variable is populated with the entire locale of the firing device. ie. it gives the Location 1 + Location 2 + Device Name

So for example "Alarm" "Door/Window Sensor" "Back door"

All I want is the Device Name as the variable name suggests, in the above example just "Back door"

Unfortunately I cannot see any string operations in Homeseer to remove unwanted text from a variable.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveyboy View Post
          Thanks - just got there. Alas it's not quite giving what I'd be expecting.

The ETDeviceName Global variable is populated with the entire locale of the firing device. ie. it gives the Location 1 + Location 2 + Device Name

So for example "Alarm" "Door/Window Sensor" "Back door"

All I want is the Device Name as the variable name suggests, in the above example just "Back door"

Unfortunately I cannot see any string operations in Homeseer to remove unwanted text from a variable.
          I changed that in version 3.0.0.53 available in the Beta section of the updater, now ETDeviceName is only populated with the name of the device, and there are 2 new global variables for locations: ETDeviceLocation1 and ETDeviceLocation2

Comment

Working...
          X