If any device changes in the group and has value between x-y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any device changes in the group and has value between x-y

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could give me a hint how to set up some conditions...

I have group of devices and they usually switch between values 0 and 255

What I want to be able to do to is catch situation when any of these devices in the group malfunctions. In that case value will be anywhere between 1 - 254

I would like to setup trigger like this.

If any device in a group changes value
    and value (of that device) is between 1 and 254
    then...

or other option would be

If any device in a group changes value
    and value (of that device) is > 1 but < 254
    then...

Is there easy way to set it up with easy trigger? I bet I am missing something simple.

Thanks. Charles

Not 0 and Not 255
    ... Same as Is between 1-254

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand what you are saying but I don't see any way to do this or I am missing that option. Would you have example with screenshot by any chance?

Comment

Attached screenshot shows 2 different ways within the same event. No need for EasyTrigger. BTW, 'OFF' = 0 ... HS3 simply replaces the # with the Status Text.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
          Attached screenshot shows 2 different ways within the same event. No need for EasyTrigger. BTW, 'OFF' = 0 ... HS3 simply replaces the # with the Status Text.
          See, here you go again. Reading comprehension is probably required here. The OP asked for any device in a GROUP and you gave an example for a single device. This is following a prior post where you dismissively posted a brief and still incorrect suggestion. The original post was a request for an option within Easy Trigger, to which plug-in this forum applies.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

As rprade said that would not help me.
            It could be also set up as follows

if any device in group changes
            and if any device in the group has value between 1 and 254.
            then

I’m struggling to check value between 1-254 for that particular device that just changed value or check whole group of devices for the same condition.

Comment

See if the below event would work for you. You would need to set up an Easytrigger group with each of your devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Event.png
Views:	101
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1258956

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                See, here you go again. Reading comprehension is probably required here. The OP asked for any device in a GROUP and you gave an example for a single device. This is following a prior post where you dismissively posted a brief and still incorrect suggestion. The original post was a request for an option within Easy Trigger, to which plug-in this forum applies.
                Yes, at 11 pm last night I was tired and forgot it was about Groups and posted the single device version. But Basically the same event when using Easy Trigger. I'm such a bad guy for trying to help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bob Linux user, so let’s say I have three devices in the group

Device 1 = 255
                  Device 2 = 0
                  Device 3 = 0

I believe your event would run because both conditions would be true and there is no any other device in the group that has other value than 0 and 255.

1st condition. Device 1 is true
                  2nd condition Devices 2 and 3

Am I missing something?

Comment

Bob Linux user, so let’s say I have three devices in the group

Device 1 = 255
                    Device 2 = 0
                    Device 3 = 0

I believe your event would run because both conditions would be true and there is no any other device in the group that has other value than 0 and 255.

1st condition. Device 1 is true
                    2nd condition Devices 2 and 3

Am I missing something?
                    It should only run if a device within your group "triggers" with a change and if one or more devices have a value between 1 and 254.

Bob

Comment

Bob_Linux_User - I don't think that works. If you had a group of devices A, B,C,D with A,B = 255, and C,D = 0, they are all in their "normal" states and your suggested event would still trigger.

I think you would have to do some simple scripting for this to work.

So I think you would have to set up the Event as follows:

"If any device in group XXX has its value changed"
                      Then Run script

In the script you would do a comparison on the value of the device that just triggered. You can get that device's value using the Easy Trigger global value: $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: and then you could act on the device using the Easy Trigger global variable: $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceRef:

Probably easiest to use the "immediate" scripting to do this.

Comment

I don't think that works. If you had a group of devices A, B,C,D with A,B = 255, and C,D = 0, they are all in their "normal" states and your suggested event would still trigger.
                        Yes, I see the error in my logic. Close but no joy!!

Bob

Comment

An ideal solution would be if Easy Trigger had a way to dynamically create groups which could then be acted on for the duration fo the event, such as

If time is 12:00
                          and If any devices in group XYZ have a value > 20 store in group MYGROUP
                          and If any device in MYGROUP have a value less than 200 store in group SecondGroup
                          then
                          act on SecondGroup

Comment

I could add to the plugin a group trigger "Any device's value in this group has just changed and this expression is true...", like there is one for a simple device
                            Then the expression would be: $NEWVALUE > 0 and $NEWVALUE < 255

Comment

Then the expression would be: $NEWVALUE > 0 and $NEWVALUE < 255
                              That would be the perfect solution for this..

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X