If any device changes in the group and has value between x-y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Yes, at 11 pm last night I was tired and forgot it was about Groups and posted the single device version. But Basically the same event when using Easy Trigger. I'm such a bad guy for trying to help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We all appreciate your help. Please help us all and show us how to do it in Easy Trigger as the OP requested. Obviously I am not smart enough to see it and we all need your wisdom.

By the way, I have occasionally misread a posts intent when I reply and when it is pointed out I have apologized. I have never felt like a victim by having my mistakes pointed out.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I could add to the plugin a group trigger "Any device's value in this group has just changed and this expression is true...", like there is one for a simple device
      Then the expression would be: $NEWVALUE > 0 and $NEWVALUE < 255

I think that's great and would be quite useful.

As a further suggestion, for less experienced users, the idea of writing expressions and using variables can be beyond them, so if you're going to add this (and it would be great if you do) I also suggest a second function that is in fill-in-the blank form. I.e., "
      Any device's value in this group has just changed and its value is in the range between ___ and ___.

In addition to "changed" can you also include "value has just been set". I have some events, in particular with Central Scene control, I want to trigger even if the item didn't change but was set to the same value again. For example, I want to monitor the range of held, released, single, double, and triple tap events (values in the range 1000 - 1004) and then trigger if there is a change but also trigger if it is set a second time without a change - e.g., a user "double-taps" a switch and then does a "double tap" once again.

As an example use case - I have a hot water recirculation pump set to turn on when any light switch in a bathroom is tapped, double tapped, etc. on the top half of the paddle. I want the pump to turn on only if the light goes on by a physical press of the switch, not if the light is remotely activated, and not if the bottom half of the paddle is tapped. For this reason, I use central scenes rather than "if the light is on" logic. I'd like the event to trigger if any Central Scene value in the ranges of 1000-1004 is set and then turn on the pump, but I don't want to trigger for values from 2000-2004 which is the bottom of the paddle. Thus I'd like the trigger to be something like "Any device in this group has [changed to] [or been set to] a value in the range 1000 to 1004"

I assume the global variables
      ETDeviceRef, ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue, ETDeviceStatus would then reflect the device that triggered.
      Last edited by jvm; November 12, 2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I could add to the plugin a group trigger "Any device's value in this group has just changed and this expression is true...", like there is one for a simple device
        Thanks Spud. That would be useful.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That would be great. I am sure it would get used.

THANK YOU!

Comment

In version 3.0.0.53 available in the beta section of the updater I have added the trigger: "Any device's value in this group had its value set and expression is true..."

Comment

I will test it tomorrow for sure. Thank you for quick response.

Comment

Works flawlessly! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X