• Show
Clear All

• Charles_cz
    replied
    Works flawlessly! Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Charles_cz
    replied
    I will test it tomorrow for sure. Thank you for quick response.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.53 available in the beta section of the updater I have added the trigger: "Any device's value in this group had its value set and expression is true..."

Leave a comment:

• Charles_cz
    replied
    That would be great. I am sure it would get used.

THANK YOU!

Originally posted by spud View Post
    I could add to the plugin a group trigger "Any device's value in this group has just changed and this expression is true...", like there is one for a simple device
    Then the expression would be: $NEWVALUE > 0 and $NEWVALUE < 255

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    I could add to the plugin a group trigger "Any device's value in this group has just changed and this expression is true...", like there is one for a simple device
    Thanks Spud. That would be useful.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied

I think that's great and would be quite useful.

As a further suggestion, for less experienced users, the idea of writing expressions and using variables can be beyond them, so if you're going to add this (and it would be great if you do) I also suggest a second function that is in fill-in-the blank form. I.e., "
    Any device's value in this group has just changed and its value is in the range between ___ and ___.

In addition to "changed" can you also include "value has just been set". I have some events, in particular with Central Scene control, I want to trigger even if the item didn't change but was set to the same value again. For example, I want to monitor the range of held, released, single, double, and triple tap events (values in the range 1000 - 1004) and then trigger if there is a change but also trigger if it is set a second time without a change - e.g., a user "double-taps" a switch and then does a "double tap" once again.

As an example use case - I have a hot water recirculation pump set to turn on when any light switch in a bathroom is tapped, double tapped, etc. on the top half of the paddle. I want the pump to turn on only if the light goes on by a physical press of the switch, not if the light is remotely activated, and not if the bottom half of the paddle is tapped. For this reason, I use central scenes rather than "if the light is on" logic. I'd like the event to trigger if any Central Scene value in the ranges of 1000-1004 is set and then turn on the pump, but I don't want to trigger for values from 2000-2004 which is the bottom of the paddle. Thus I'd like the trigger to be something like "Any device in this group has [changed to] [or been set to] a value in the range 1000 to 1004"

I assume the global variables
    ETDeviceRef, ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue, ETDeviceStatus would then reflect the device that triggered.
    Last edited by jvm; November 12th, 2018, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Yes, at 11 pm last night I was tired and forgot it was about Groups and posted the single device version. But Basically the same event when using Easy Trigger. I'm such a bad guy for trying to help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We all appreciate your help. Please help us all and show us how to do it in Easy Trigger as the OP requested. Obviously I am not smart enough to see it and we all need your wisdom.

By the way, I have occasionally misread a posts intent when I reply and when it is pointed out I have apologized. I have never felt like a victim by having my mistakes pointed out.

Leave a comment:

• Bob_Linux_User
    replied

That would be the perfect solution for this..

Bob

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    An ideal solution would be if Easy Trigger had a way to dynamically create groups which could then be acted on for the duration fo the event, such as

If time is 12:00
    and If any devices in group XYZ have a value > 20 store in group MYGROUP
    and If any device in MYGROUP have a value less than 200 store in group SecondGroup
    then
    act on SecondGroup

Leave a comment:

• Bob_Linux_User
    replied
    I don't think that works. If you had a group of devices A, B,C,D with A,B = 255, and C,D = 0, they are all in their "normal" states and your suggested event would still trigger.
    Yes, I see the error in my logic. Close but no joy!!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Bob_Linux_User - I don't think that works. If you had a group of devices A, B,C,D with A,B = 255, and C,D = 0, they are all in their "normal" states and your suggested event would still trigger.

I think you would have to do some simple scripting for this to work.

So I think you would have to set up the Event as follows:

"If any device in group XXX has its value changed"
    Then Run script

In the script you would do a comparison on the value of the device that just triggered. You can get that device's value using the Easy Trigger global value: $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: and then you could act on the device using the Easy Trigger global variable: $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceRef:

Probably easiest to use the "immediate" scripting to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Bob_Linux_User
    replied
    Bob Linux user, so let’s say I have three devices in the group

Device 1 = 255
    Device 2 = 0
    Device 3 = 0

I believe your event would run because both conditions would be true and there is no any other device in the group that has other value than 0 and 255.

1st condition. Device 1 is true
    2nd condition Devices 2 and 3

Am I missing something?
    It should only run if a device within your group "triggers" with a change and if one or more devices have a value between 1 and 254.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Charles_cz
    replied
    Bob Linux user, so let’s say I have three devices in the group

Device 1 = 255
    Device 2 = 0
    Device 3 = 0

I believe your event would run because both conditions would be true and there is no any other device in the group that has other value than 0 and 255.

1st condition. Device 1 is true
    2nd condition Devices 2 and 3

Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    See, here you go again. Reading comprehension is probably required here. The OP asked for any device in a GROUP and you gave an example for a single device. This is following a prior post where you dismissively posted a brief and still incorrect suggestion. The original post was a request for an option within Easy Trigger, to which plug-in this forum applies.
    Yes, at 11 pm last night I was tired and forgot it was about Groups and posted the single device version. But Basically the same event when using Easy Trigger. I'm such a bad guy for trying to help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X