Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popeye
    replied
    Or use a GUID. Just ran into this myself.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    spud
    Would be great if you would change the method... I'm sure you know, best to never use hardcoded names/variables. I suggest assign a RefID (ETgrpNNNN & ETschNNNN) as the database key. In the INI, map the RefID to the user given name. A one-time converter code could run through the events and change the Names to RefIDs?

Even if the user had to do the initial manual mapping, and you wrote the converter code, way better in the long run to convert to RefID. Plus my suggestion allows much better Naming... we could use spaces, dashes, etc since the names are no longer keys in the database.

thx
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    spud
    Would be great if you would change the method... I'm sure you know, best to never use hardcoded names/variables. I suggest assign a RefID (ETgrpNNNN & ETschNNNN) as the database key. In the INI, map the RefID to the user given name. A one-time converter code could run through the events and change the Names to RefIDs?

Even if the user had to do the initial manual mapping, and you wrote the converter code, way better in the long run to convert to RefID. Plus my suggestion allows much better Naming... we could use spaces, dashes, etc since the names are no longer keys in the database.

thx

Leave a comment:

• AeonNhiyr
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    No there is no easy way to rename a group. You could edit EasyTrigger.ini and rename the group in there but that would screw up any event already using this group.
    I can't change that because the group name is what is written to the database when creating events using this feature.
    I recently tried to delete an event that was used in another event, and Homeseer performed a check that prevented me from deleting the event until I removed it from the other event. Is there anyway that EasyTrigger could integrate this type of check in a renaming process? Or perhaps allow for a copy function that creates a duplicate group with a new name?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    No there is no easy way to rename a group. You could edit EasyTrigger.ini and rename the group in there but that would screw up any event already using this group.
    I can't change that because the group name is what is written to the database when creating events using this feature.

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    started a topic Changing name of groups

Changing name of groups

Hi,
    I am just getting started on this plugin and I am creating groups of devices. Is there a way to change the name of them after I create a group?
Working...
X