Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot add counters to Easytrigger group

Hi there

I have been using easytrigger for quite a while now without problems, but i recently changed my events to rely on more counters.
    I want to add these new counters to a new easytrigger group, but cannot find the newest counters under the available devices, see attachment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-02 10_37_22-HomeSeer Global Variables... – Google Chrome.png
Views:	117
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1274295

Name:	2019-01-02 10_39_11-192.168.1.175_easytriggerconfig – Google Chrome.png
Views:	51
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1274296

Is there any way to force update the easytrigger plugin to recognise new devices, or are there a reason why a simple counter is not shown as an available device?

Hope someone out there have a solution to my odd and annoying problem

~Tommy

The Devices for Counters and Timers are only representations of the actual counters and timers. Two things. 1) The timer devices may not have been created. Make sure you have creation of Counter and timer devices enabled under Setup>General>Other Settings

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	57
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1274315

2) An excessive number of Timer Devices can be detrimental to performance, so delete the HS devices for any timer for which you don't need one.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

if your counter device exist but you don't see it in the group selection window, then restart the EasyTrigger plugin to force a reload of all the devices.

Comment

Rprade's option #1 was spot on and did the trick 😁
        I must have turned the option off at some point, and I only had to turn it on and add 1 counter for all previous non-device counters to be added

Thanks a lot mate, saved my night 😁

~Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          The Devices for Counters and Timers are only representations of the actual counters and timers. Two things. 1) The timer devices may not have been created. Make sure you have creation of Counter and timer devices enabled under Setup>General>Other Settings

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	57
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1274315

2) An excessive number of Timer Devices can be detrimental to performance, so delete the HS devices for any timer for which you don't need one.
          How many timers is a good limit to work with?

Comment

I don't know. Rich did mention that they consumed resources and should be kept to a minimum. I wish I could find that thread. It does seem wasteful of system resources to have every running timer also update an HS Device once a second. In this post Spud spoke about the problem as it relates to Easy Trigger. I would think tracking a bunch of timer Devices in an Easy Trigger group would exacerbate the system impact.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X