Easytrigger not trigerring on string change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easytrigger not trigerring on string change

Just installed the plugin to monitor the change of a string on a virtual device but the event created never triggers.

I have created a virtual device :Id:1170 named DEVICE TEST where the string is set via json to "empty"

I created the following event:

If DEVICE TEST has a string that just changed
    then send pushover message

I then send the following Json command to modify the string of devie 1170:
    http://192.168.1.6/JSON?request=setd...ty=NewDevStrin g&value="aaaa"

I looked in the device advanced tab and the string parameter was changed to "aaaa" BUT I never received the pushover message and looking in the event I see that the event was never trigger

Can someone shed some light on what might be wrong ?

thanks

update: just activated the debug mode, I can see many string changes on the log but even if i run the JSON command descibed before ,I never see the device id used in the JSON appear in the log

found this thread dating from 2017... can't belive Homeseer did not fixed the issue yet !!! https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...86#post1052386

Can you let me know where I can find the EXE file so I can download to my HS root directory. I did find a post with
    "It's in the first post of the thread I linked to. It's a manual install, but all you have to do is copy the .exe file in the zip file to the root of the HS directory. The other file in the zip is the instructions in pdf format.",
    but cannot find the first post. Can you send me a link with the location for me to download.
    Thank You,
    -mistersea1

Comment

Originally posted by mistersea1 View Post
      Can you let me know where I can find the EXE file so I can download to my HS root directory. I did find a post with
      "It's in the first post of the thread I linked to. It's a manual install, but all you have to do is copy the .exe file in the zip file to the root of the HS directory. The other file in the zip is the instructions in pdf format.",
      but cannot find the first post. Can you send me a link with the location for me to download.
      Thank You,
      -mistersea1
      You don't need to manually install anymore.
      Go to the PLUG-INS > Manage page, at the bottom of the page, click the yellow arrow on the left of "Additional Interfaces". Then go to the Utilities (or Beta) section and look for EasyTrigger, select it. Then scroll up until you see the "Download and Install" button under "Pending Updates/Installs". click that button.

Comment

spud Opening up this thread again. I have a device in HS3 which is tied to HS2 through Jon00 HS3-HS2 connector. I am trying to trigger an event based on the string change. Everything looks good in the HS3 device - string changes, device update changes, etc. But event will not trigger. I am using "has a string that has just changed".

One thing I do know, the device status does not update as I am not switching on or off the virtual device. So only the string is updating.

The OP above linked to another thread mentioning a bug in HS3. I read the thread but it was not conclusive. Is this the issue I might be running into? I can post more information as needed. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          spud Opening up this thread again. I have a device in HS3 which is tied to HS2 through Jon00 HS3-HS2 connector. I am trying to trigger an event based on the string change. Everything looks good in the HS3 device - string changes, device update changes, etc. But event will not trigger. I am using "has a string that has just changed".

One thing I do know, the device status does not update as I am not switching on or off the virtual device. So only the string is updating.

The OP above linked to another thread mentioning a bug in HS3. I read the thread but it was not conclusive. Is this the issue I might be running into? I can post more information as needed. Thanks
          If you set the log level to Debug in easytrigger, do you see a log line with your device id when the string changes?
          If not, then we need to know how the Jon00 HS3-HS2 connector is updating the string, does it use SetDeviceString() does it use the JSON API? with which parameters?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

If you set the log level to Debug in easytrigger, do you see a log line with your device id when the string changes?
            If not, then we need to know how the Jon00 HS3-HS2 connector is updating the string, does it use SetDeviceString() does it use the JSON API? with which parameters?
            The connector was written not long after HS3 came out so it would use SetDeviceString (No JSON at that time). It's formatting would also include lots of HTML code including the icon.
            Jon

Comment

Thanks for the responses - this all makes sense. I solved the problem by switching the device on and off in HS2 so it would trigger an on device status change in HS3. All good. Thanks

Comment

spud I'm having this same issue. I have a button in hstouch that runs a script I wrote to change the device string of a virtual device. I'm using hs.SetDeviceString in the script to set the string. In turned on debug mode in easy trigger and in the log I can see that device string changed, but my event that should run when the string changes never runs. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Comment

I am having this issue too. The "status" value is changing and I'm using EasyTrigger with if string changed and it's not working?

Comment

Working...
                  X