IF-THEN-ELSE Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Alternatively, if you go ahead with the If ... Then ... Else as you've proposed -- i.e., where the Actions are (generally) Easy Trigger actions -- I'd suggest also including the ability to run other Events as another option for the reasons I mention.
    Yes that's a good idea, so I will probably add a "Run Event" action as well as a "Control Device" action because this is probably the most used one, all other could be achieved using a "run event" action

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Yes that's a good idea, so I will probably add a "Run Event" action as well as a "Control Device" action because this is probably the most used one, all other could be achieved using a "run event" action
      Thanks for all the time you pour into this great PI.

Option to respect or ignore event conditions would be a great detail to include, if possible.
      -Wade

Comment

I would make this first available to easytrigger's conditions and actions, not triggers. The IF in a IF-THEN-ELSE action would always be a condition not a trigger.
        But yes I think I would need to add some native basic condition like "A device's value is...", but I don't plan to re-code all of them.
        Yes conditions, sorry, triggers make no sense lol

Comment

I would make this first available to easytrigger's conditions and actions, not triggers. The IF in a IF-THEN-ELSE action would always be a condition not a trigger.
          But yes I think I would need to add some native basic condition like "A device's value is...", but I don't plan to re-code all of them.
          Spud lets go to risk and ask him to open source the event engine, if they are willing we can do some pretty useful stuff here. Events is not their core IP, if anything HomeSeer is a driver (Zwave) company so they may be willing. And if not open source, perhaps close sourced to a few of us.

Comment

Another clarification -- I'm assuming the "Run Event" would behave like HS's current Run Event Action in that it would have an option "Only If Other Event Conditions Are True". This would allow you to use Event called by the Then or Else clause to created nested If... Then .. Else clauses; that is, the "Then" or "Else" section would each be able to run another Event with its own If...Then...Else and they, in turn, could call other events with If...Then...Else. Etc.

Comment

Having this would be super helpful, I can then finally convert my advanced scripts to be a bit more UI friendly for editing.

Comment

Working...
              X