Error when trying to set a device to another

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when trying to set a device to another

I have a device from Sooty's PHLocation 2 plugin that is a status only device with both values and device strings to display the current location. I have an event that is trying to copy this device's value and string to another device that I copied from the current location device called "Previous location" and using EasyTrigger's "set one device to another", but when I run the event, I'm getting the following errors. Also, should the event be that you set source device to destination device, or set destination device to source device?

Code:

Feb-14 17:02:14 EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 0 for device 2825
    Feb-14 17:02:14 EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 2 for device 2823
    Feb-14 17:02:14 EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 0 for device 2824
    Feb-14 12:51:06 EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 4 for device 2824
    Feb-14 10:57:18 EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 2 for device 2823
    In this example, the current location device is what I'm trying to copy to the previous location device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-event-steve-update-previous-location-easytrigger.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1285028

Here are the devices' advance and status pages

​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-current-location-advanced.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1285024Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-current-location-status-graphics.PNG
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1285025Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-advanced.PNG
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1285026Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-status-graphics.PNG
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1285027 ​​​​​​​

The "Set device to another" action only works with device values that are controls
    It's quite unusual to try to override the status of a device that is owned by a plug-in, and in my opinion it is a bad thing. You should only interact with devices owned by a plugin through their controls.

If you want to back up the state of one of the PHLocation device to another device, then create a virtual device and create values that are both control and status, then use the "set device to another"

It's: set destination device to source device

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      The "Set device to another" action only works with device values that are controls
      It's quite unusual to try to override the status of a device that is owned by a plug-in, and in my opinion it is a bad thing. You should only interact with devices owned by a plugin through their controls.

If you want to back up the state of one of the PHLocation device to another device, then create a virtual device and create values that are both control and status, then use the "set device to another"

It's: set destination device to source device
      Although it looks like I'm trying to set a device that is controlled by the plugin, it's just a clone of an existing device that's been re-named. Taking your advice, I created a new virtual device, replicated all the status values and graphics from the plugin's device and then set the status-control to Both for all the values. I then set the device as a Status Only Device in order to hide the controls. It works great now.

Thanks for the nudge to get me in the right direction and for making a great plugin.

Comment

Spud,

After setting all the status-controls to Both, I can now copy the plugin device, but I'm now seeing all the controls show up. Is there any way you could make this work using a status only device? Need both the value and device string copied like it does when everything is set to Control or Both. I know this can be done using script commands, but your plugin makes the event readable.

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-status-controls-both.PNG
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1285674

Name:	phlocation2-event-update-previous-location-et-and-script.PNG
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1285676
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
          Spud,

After setting all the status-controls to Both, I can now copy the plugin device, but I'm now seeing all the controls show up. Is there any way you could make this work using a status only device? Need both the value and device string copied like it does when everything is set to Control or Both. I know this can be done using script commands, but your plugin makes the event readable.

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-status-controls-both.PNG
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1285674
          Spud, I agree with Steve, it would be nice to be able to turn off the "Control" being displayed within the right most column (not needed) since we need to set "Both" option for EasyTrigger to be able to copy value(s) and string(s) to another device? Mike
          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
          Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
          HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
          X