Delayed event with etdeviceref

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed event with etdeviceref

I have a group of lights in Easy trigger. When one of the lights in the group it´s turned on, I want to turn that light off after some time. Is it possible to create a delayed event for the device 'etdeviceref' to turn off the light ?

I don't think so.

I assume what you are doing is that you have an event that triggers and sets etdeviceref, then in your event actions you have an event body with a sequence along the following lines:

(1) An action / script which relies on the etdeviceref variable to turn on a light;
    (2) a delay; and
    (3) and another action / script which relies on the etdeviceref variable to turn off the light

What could happen is that if another ET trigger occurs during the delay, step 3 will turn off the newly triggered device, not the original one.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
      I don't think so.

I assume what you are doing is that you have an event that triggers and sets etdeviceref, then in your event actions you have an event body with a sequence along the following lines:

(1) An action / script which relies on the etdeviceref variable to turn on a light;
      (2) a delay; and
      (3) and another action / script which relies on the etdeviceref variable to turn off the light

What could happen is that if another ET trigger occurs during the delay, step 3 will turn off the newly triggered device, not the original one.
      Thanks for the reply, but actually I already did it with the Beta version (3.0.0.63) of Easytrigger and the "Set Group of Devices to Expression" using the "Delay Action by" option.

From my testing, the list of device actions is generated at the moment the event tirggers, and this list it´s then executed after the delay time, so it doesn´t suffer from the problem of a change in etdeviceref. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Comment

Hans The "Delay Action" option was recently added and I hadn't considered it could be used that way. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
        X