Filter Device Group in Device Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Device Group in Device Management

Hello not sure if I'm missing something ehre but I'd like to be able to go into Device Management and list just what is in a device group so I can see the status of the lights etc. I have a All Lights config I'm having problems debuging that doesnt work sometimes and would like to find what the problem is and EasyTrigger seems to be the culprit. Any help on this would be awesome. Thx

You can't filter on a group from the device management page, but maybe if you tell us more about your problem we can help you.

Comment

It really would be a useful feature...to check that dynamic groups are correctly configured on the fly. I had a similar issue that took me quite some time to track back to a typo in one of my dynamic rule values.
      -Wade

Comment

You can see what devices are included in the dynamic group by pointing over the help icon next to the Edit button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dyngroupitems.png
Views:	184
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1307202

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          You can see what devices are included in the dynamic group by pointing over the help icon next to the Edit button:
          Great! I had overlooked that feature. Thanks!
          -Wade

Comment

I don't have a help icon

Comment

Ahh I'm doing a static list. What I'm looking to do is be able to view the lights in the group to see what is saying its on or off. I have about 30 lights in a group and sometimes have a program that may not shutoff everything and trying to track down whats still on is impossible. So I ahve to go in the list on one screen and then in the device manager and look up each entry.

Comment

Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
                I don't have a help icon
                Don't you see the question mark icon like in the screenshot above?
                Is it a dynamic group?

Comment

What I do in situations like this is to do a bulk relocate on the devices I want to monitor. Then I can filter the device manager on the new location. Then do a bulk relocation to move them back to their original locations.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    Don't you see the question mark icon like in the screenshot above?
                    Is it a dynamic group?
                    It's a static not dynamic

Comment

Working...
                    X