Trigger is not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger is not running

I have several triggers that seem to run fine, but for whatever reason, I can't get one of mine to work. For example, I have a random trigger that turns on my living room accent lights every now and then at night. That runs ok. But I frequently wake up to the lights still on, and when I check the logs, my "turn off event" has not fired even though there has been ample time to. I even tried duplicating the event and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

Attached is my event to turn them on (which works fine), and the two I've tried to get them to turn off (which don't).
    Attached Files

You are setting your lights to 5% with your On Event, but your Off Event is looking for them to be On for 30 min. That condition is not going to be true at 5%.

If you have Easy Trigger you can use “This device’s value has been in the range 1, 99 for at least”.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

EUREKA! Thanks - will give that a shot. I can't tell whether to facepalm myself or the HS3 UI. . Maybe both.

Comment

rPrade - can you help me understand the "in the range" UI? When I go to set it I see the attached.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
          rPrade - can you help me understand the "in the range" UI? When I go to set it I see the attached.
          I was referring to the Easy Trigger Condition:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1307409

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	184
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1307408

Comment

Ahhh - ok that does deserve a face palm on my part. Thanks - that fixed it.

Comment

Good. Just remember HomeSeer’s Event Engine is based on values. “On” is a status assigned to a specific value of 99 (for Z-Wave devices) and conditions or triggers will only be true when a device’s value exactly matches those in the trigger or condition. Status is for humans, HomeSeer only sees numbers.

Comment

Working...
              X