Duration of a triggered event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duration of a triggered event

I want to say first off just purchased your plugin and its a great one...love it. It avoids some of the scripts that are more difficult to maintain after years of not working them...this provides a significant amount of functionality with out having to create the script.

one question and I'm sure this is more generic to events...but I have a long duration event. i.e. wait for a device trigger (% chng of humidity), control a device, wait 15 min, control more devices, wait 20 mins, control devices and end.

The question is I want the initial test and control to still occur during this event processing. Is that happening or is this even isolated until complete

to be more specific..
    start of event
    4% humidity change from shower.
    skylit opens
    lights on
    20 mins in close skylite
    switch some lights
    15 mins later all lights off
    end of event.

my concern is at the 15 min switch some lights the shower starts up again I want the skylight open again...will it or do I need another event with a dependency on this trigger?

Although not a direct response to your specific question, I would recommend that you break this event into three events and use delayed actions instead of waits. That way your event will be over almost immediately and there should be no problem re-triggering, though you might need to cancel some delayed events to prevent conflicts if the event re-triggers before the delayed events are completed.

Event 1
    If humidity changes by 4%
    Then open skylight
    Then cancel delayed event 2
    Then cancel delayed event 3
    Then after a delay of 20 minutes run event 2
    Then after a delay of 35 minutes run event 3
    Event 2
    If this event is manually triggered
    Then close skylight
    Then switch some lights
    Event 3
    If this event is manually triggered
    Then turn lights off
    I'm also not sure what you mean by event starts. What is the trigger and how do you use the humidity change? A screen shot of your event might help.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1316669

Comment

realized don't need the 4sec delay

Comment

so like this?

Views:	134
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1316676

Comment

notice the inconsistency in the term, wait vs delay when editing and not

Views:	147
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1316678Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1316679

Comment

I do this shorter delay because I don't want to leave the open trigger left on for 20 minutes in case its raining but I want sufficient time to open the window.

Comment

To give a little more clarity read here, here and here. The fundamental difference is that an event is in a holding pattern when it contains a Wait, with delayed Events and Device Actions, the event is completed in milliseconds.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I wonder what is the impact of a wait action. This is surely taxing memory a little?

Comment

Originally posted by bart1 View Post
                    so like this?
                    You should definitely read the three references in Randy's response, then it would probably be productive to experiment with this system a bit to learn how things work in practice. You are making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

already working it...thanks a lot for the help!

Comment

Working...
                      X