No announcement yet.

How to compare Timers and device value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to compare Timers and device value?

Hi, I just try to create an event that can compare a timer’s value and an another device value (both value are in Seconds) . When I try comparision between two device in the plugin, it’s doesn’t work. It’s work when I remove TIMER in the timer’s string area but when I restart Hs3 my timers virtual device don’t work anymore and hs3 create automatically new one, with different ID. This is for my sprinkler, I want to compare the time that they have been running and the time set point. Need help

In Tools > Setup > Other Settings, check the box for "Create Devices for Counters and Timers". This will cause it to create persistent timer and counter devices so the ref doesn't change.
    -Wade

Comment

This box is already checked.
      I just think that it is a value format comparision issue between the timers and simple virtual device.

Thank you.

Comment

A screen shot of the event trigger you are using might help. It's not clear how something in the string would affect the device value, but the timer device value is a decimal number while the device displays conventional time format. FWIW, my timer devices do not contain "TIMER" in the string.

Click image for larger version

Name:	timer.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1317931
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

I'm guessing that EasyTrigger may do a time comparison differently than a straight device value comparison. Are you comparing to a device that contains a time (in date/time format) or a device with a simple number? It may be that you need to compare a timer to a timer. Perhaps spud can clarify.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by RTL View Post
            Hi, I just try to create an event that can compare a timer’s value and an another device value (both value are in Seconds) . When I try comparision between two device in the plugin, it’s doesn’t work. It’s work when I remove TIMER in the timer’s string area but when I restart Hs3 my timers virtual device don’t work anymore and hs3 create automatically new one, with different ID. This is for my sprinkler, I want to compare the time that they have been running and the time set point. Need help
            What kind of timer is it? IS it timer you define in Tools> Global Variables, Timers and counters?

I just tested a comparison trigger with such a timer and it works as expected for me. The EasyTrigger plugin compares the value, and doesn't care about the string.
            That being said my timer devices don't show "TIMER" in the string, so you may be talking about other kind of timers?

Comment

Working...
            X