Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Condition "Easy Trigger: A PlugIn is..." be used to monitor PlugIn FATAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Condition "Easy Trigger: A PlugIn is..." be used to monitor PlugIn FATAL

Allow me to say that I did look through the forum for an answer before posting. Unfortunately almost every post contains the word "PlugIn"

Two posts were found

1/ IsPluginRunning function // November 7th, 2017, 11:49 AM , asks a scripting question that is outside of my skillset

2/ The ET User Guide, post 4 shows how to use this condition

Click image for larger version

Name:	ETUG Post4.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1318942
    =====================================

As confirmed by viewing the log,

Name:	PIM Email Redact.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1318946

my version of the above event example does work....

Name:	PlugIn Monitor Event-Redact.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1318943

...when the PlugIn is disabled

Name:	PlugIn Status - Disabled -RedactCirc.jpg
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1318944

================================

But the situation I wish to monitor is when a PlugIn is enabled but has a fault condition or has failed

Name:	PlugIn Status - Failed.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1318945
    FYI: The relevant ET schedule was edited for all tests so to allow the condition 'IF The time enters 'PlugInCheck' time range' to "activate".

With the PlugIn (in this case the X10) enabled, but in a failed state, the same ET event as above does not see a condition match and does not send a warning email.

Programmatically I'll take this to mean that "IS running" simply means "IS running" even if the PlugIn's functionality is crippled or incapacitated for some reason

Which is different from an user's perspective that FATAL effectively means "IS NOT running".

Any tips?

Or perhaps....as ET can report device status and strings for devices using variables, can the same be done for PlugIns?

All thoughts welcome.

TIA

Terry

Working...
X