Dealing with Value Ranges & Door Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Value Ranges & Door Locks

PROBLEM: use Value Range for a SINGLE device within an ET Group to Trigger an event

GOAL: Trigger when specific door lock codes are entered. ET doesnt seen to properly use, or maybe see, the door lock codes

Need Help with...

What ET Trigger to use (Expression, Range, etc), and how to use it.

... ANY ET Group value change AND the specific changed Device Value (not any other device) is now within a range 6002-6009 but not 6005.

ET Group Devices are: Front Door (Access Control Notification) & Garage Door (Access Control Notification)

spud help please!

Ltek I have a battery check function that I think is conceptually similar to what you want to do. I have a Easy Trigger group of battery devices ("Batteries") where, if one reports status, a check is done and a message sent if the level is too low. The message uses various global variables to identify the name, location, and status value of the Battery. I think this might give you enough guidance to solve your problem. I think you'd only need to change the "Batteries" group to a "Lock" group. This assumes you can use global variables in Pushover (I don't use Pushover myself, so my example is for an email (text) alert).

See:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	293
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1330472
    Attached Files

Comment

jvm Thx, but I'm already using groups and its not working due to need a value range. sorry if that wasnt clear, I'll update the first post.

spud Can you help me figure out how to accomplish this? thx

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        Goal... Trigger when specific door lock codes are entered.

Using an ET Group with both Devices already in it but cant figure out what Condition to use (Expression, Range, etc)?

I need the event to see if ANY group value changed AND if that changed value (not any of the others) is now within a range 6002-6009 but not 6005.

Devices:
        Front Door - Access Control Notification
        Garage Door - Access Control Notification

Output: Pushover message telling me what Door was used, and what code was used

thx for the help!
        I think this would work, but i haven't tested it to be sure...

Name:	expressions.png
Views:	271
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1330590

--Barry

Comment

Ltek , logman
          I think logman's solution should work - you should also be able to write the expression as one line. I.e.,
          ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: > 6001) && ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: < 6001) && ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: != 6010)

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
            Ltek , logman
            I think logman's solution should work - you should also be able to write the expression as one line. I.e.,
            ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: > 6001) && ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: < 6001) && ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: != 6010)
            Yes, and that is also simpler. Also the first "AND IF" is not really necessary, because the primary trigger is already checking for that value. I just added it in there to make it more clear how the range was defined. So actually your condition expression could be:

Code:
            ($$GLOBALVAR:etDeviceValue: < 6010) && ($$GLOBALVAR:etDeviceValue: <> 6005)
            --Barry

Comment

Thank you guys!

I think the expression I need is...

($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: > 6001) && ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: < 6010) && ($$GLOBALVAL:etDeviceValue: != 6005)

... thus trigger when values are between (and equal to) 6002 & 6009, but not 6005.

I'll try that!
              Attached Files

Comment

Guys, that didnt work... it didnt trigger at all

Here's what the values of show with a more normal drop-down list... those 'Codes' translate into numbers like 6002, 6003 on the back-end. Maybe there is an issue where ET is not seeing the actual code #s?

spud
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure range is nice, especially if you ever add new codes, but if you just create 7x "OR IF" entries for the codes that aren't 6005, wouldn't that be easy if it works?

Or is it not triggering on a single code either?

Comment

Ltek - A few thoughts . . .
                    1. Update the Easy Trigger plugin if you are not using version (3.0.0.70). The most recent version fixed some problems in the settings of global variables.
                    2. Make a change to your door lock which you believe "should" trigger your event. Then go to the [Tools] -> [Global Variables, Timers, & Counters] page on your HomeSeer site - is the "etDevice Value" value what you expected ?
                    3. Maybe the problem is in Pushover? Try a different "Then" action - e.g.,turn on a light do something else instead of trying to send the Pushover message. Anything happen?

Comment

It could be too that there is another event firing nearly at the same time that is messing with your global variables. I've ran into that issue a few times and it's always a hair puller until I figure it out. Don't really know of a work around if that's the problem, other than delaying the second event (which is not always a viable solution).

--Barry

Comment

Well after posting the above I see you started another thread and had already discovered that was the issue. Hopefully Spud will provide a fix as you suggested by using a different set of variables per event.

--Barry

Comment

Guys, I guess I wasnt clear so I updated the first post as below.... please forget about Pushover, that was never the problem

PROBLEM: use Value Range for a SINGLE device within an ET Group to Trigger an event

GOAL: Trigger when specific door lock codes are entered. ET doesnt seen to properly use, or maybe see, the door lock codes

Need Help with...

... ANY ET Group value change AND the specific changed Device Value (not any other device) is now within a range 6002-6009 but not 6005.

ET Group Devices are: Front Door (Access Control Notification) & Garage Door (Access Control Notification)

spud help please!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                            Guys, I guess I wasnt clear so I updated the first post as below.... please forget about Pushover, that was never the problem

Need Help with...

spud help please!
                            use this:

Name:	groupexpression.png
Views:	215
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1331020

if that doesn't work set the log level to debug, and you will see what changes the ET plugin is seeing, what the expression is evaluated to, and what event it is triggering

Comment

Working...
                            X