"Expression can't be empty" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Expression can't be empty" error

I suddenly have hundreds of these error messages appearing in my log every day (almost 400 of them today):
    Code:
    2019-10-09T22:47:24.0000000-06:00 hs3-01 HomeSeer3[1060]: Priority=0, errorCode=0, Source=HomeSeer3, Type=EasyTrigger, Message=ERROR Expression can''t be empty
    The log message doesn't give me a clue where I might have an "empty expression". What does this mean, and how do I track it down?

-M.

Hey Mark, I figured the only time you'd see this is when you had an Easy Trigger action to "Set Device to Expression" in one of your events and the parameter was left blank. I tried it and got the error message "Oct-10 12:07:39 AM EasyTrigger ERROR Expression can't be empty Parameter name: expression" in my log file, which is no where near as elaborate as your error message, but have you looked through your events for something similar?

Comment

Look for any trigger/condition or action that would use an expression and make sure it is not empty.

If you set the log level to Debug, you may get more information about where the problem is.

Comment

You can also use tenHSEvents to get more information about what events are being triggered when the error occurs.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          You can also use tenHSEvents to get more information about what events are being triggered when the error occurs.
          Thanks for that link UM. That looks like it could be mighty handy. There are some other interesting and useful looking apps on there as well. Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
          X