Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling Grouped Devices - Turning off an individual light in a group of lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Grouped Devices - Turning off an individual light in a group of lights

Hello, spud or anyone that can answer,
    I've gone through a number of pages in the New Features thread and can't seem to find the answer. I thought I remembered reading that if you use the below ET action to set a group of lights (for example) to off that it would only send the off command to individual devices in that group that were on and not every device in the group? Or is the only option to send to all devices with an X delay in between?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Action - Device to Expression.png
Views:	282
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1344702
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Edit... shouldn't respond from my phone... there's a checkbox to enable that option.
    -Wade

Comment

See below. In this example, the event runs every 30 minutes, checks each light in a group to see if it is off, if the light is off, it sets it's value to 25%; if it is on, it sets its value to whatever the current value is (i.e., it leaves it unchanged if the user manually had turned on the value) -- but since the "Send command only if expression results in a new value" box is checked, if the statement if($DEVICEVALUE ==0, 25, $DEVICEVALUE) results in an unchanged value, it doesn't send the new command.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	340
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1344709

Comment

Thank you! jvm I appreciate you including the syntax in the "to" box as well, very helpful!

Wade Completely understand, as much as the world wants to go totally mobile, a computer with keyboard and mouse is sometimes much easier!
        Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
          See below. In this example, the event runs every 30 minutes, checks each light in a group to see if it is off, if the light is off, it sets it's value to 25%; if it is on, it sets its value to whatever the current value is (i.e., it leaves it unchanged if the user manually had turned on the value) -- but since the "Send command only if expression results in a new value" box is checked, if the statement if($DEVICEVALUE ==0, 25, $DEVICEVALUE) results in an unchanged value, it doesn't send the new command.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	340
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1344709
          If I wanted to evaluate that the device is not equal to 0 would I use "<>" in place of your "=="?
          Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

If I wanted to evaluate that the device is not equal to 0 would I use "<>" in place of your "=="?
            Yes, according to the documentation, both “<>” and “!=“ are acceptable for not equal.

Comment

Working...
            X