Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error - EasyTrigger - WARNING An event is referencing group which does not exist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - EasyTrigger - WARNING An event is referencing group which does not exist.

spud On startup, I'm getting the following error in the log:

`````
    EasyTrigger WARNING An event is referencing group which does not exist.
    `````

Can you improve this message so that the log entry will list the event with the error and the group which doesn't exist?

spud Can you suggest a method to figure out what event is triggering this error? I've spent quite a while searching and am not finding it--I have a lot of groups and events that use them. Thanks.
    -Wade

Comment

+1

Comment

Here's my latest (unsuccessful) attempt to locate the source of the error. Hoping someone may have another suggestion.

Within a 3 minutes of the error last showing in the log I ran jon00's event viewer, sorted by last run time. Unfortunately none of the events matched the logged error timestamp exactly nor within a few seconds. Closest were about a minute prior and a minute after. I looked through all events that had run starting about 2 minutes prior to the error being logged until the most recent in the event view and found 4 referenced ET groups. Checked ET config and all the groups exist and names are correct.

Since the error is sporadic--hitting the log a few times not far apart but then not occurring for hours or even a day sometimes--I had assumed it was triggered by the particular event trying to run. Now I'm wondering if something other than the event running would cause the error to be thrown.

spud can you shed any light on this?

Thanks.
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
          Here's my latest (unsuccessful) attempt to locate the source of the error. Hoping someone may have another suggestion.

Within a 3 minutes of the error last showing in the log I ran jon00's event viewer, sorted by last run time. Unfortunately none of the events matched the logged error timestamp exactly nor within a few seconds. Closest were about a minute prior and a minute after. I looked through all events that had run starting about 2 minutes prior to the error being logged until the most recent in the event view and found 4 referenced ET groups. Checked ET config and all the groups exist and names are correct.

Since the error is sporadic--hitting the log a few times not far apart but then not occurring for hours or even a day sometimes--I had assumed it was triggered by the particular event trying to run. Now I'm wondering if something other than the event running would cause the error to be thrown.

spud can you shed any light on this?

Thanks.
          It is triggered when the plugin read all your triggers/conditions to know what device it needs to monitor, so basically everytime you change an event that includes an EasyTrigger trigger or condition.
          I will add the event name in the message but note that the message is already supposed to display the group name "An event is referencing group XXX which does not exist", so if your message does not show any group name, it may be a corrupted event.

Comment

Thanks spud.
            -Wade

Comment

spud , I was just wondering is name of the event has been implemented in warning messages. I am on 3.0.0.71 version. I have deleted some groups so Warning messages make sense but I still don't get name of the event in the warning message.
              I get like 11 messages in raw and none of them has name of the event in them. I doubt the events are corrupted besides the fact that Easytrigger group is missing.

Thank you. Charles

"I will add the event name in the message but note that the message is already supposed to display the group name "An event is referencing group XXX which does not exist", so if your message does not show any group name"

Comment

Can you test version BETA 3.0.0.72, you should see the name of the event in the warning message now.

Comment

spud Works great and very helpful.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X