Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Models of Motion Devices with different status values - Using Device Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    This is more of a Device setup question but as it relates to Device Groups in ET. I have two different models of motion sensor, one has a Status value of 8 for Motion and the other has a status value of 255 for motion, the ET Device Group triggers use a Status Value rather than Device Status so I'm assuming that I will need to make sure that all Motion Device Status Values are the same. Is it OK to go into the Device "Status Graphics" tab for each device and set all Motion Values to 255? I'm not sure if doing this would cause the HS device to no longer work properly?
    Thank you!
    You cannot change the values as this is determined by the plug-ins that own them. If you change the values it will break the relationship. You can use not equal to 0 as was mentioned above. Alternately you can create 2 groups, based on the values they use. I do that with dimmers and switches because of their different On values.

Leave a comment:

• jmedemar
    replied
    I had this same issue a couple of days ago. I decided to use an easy trigger group with this logic because it accounts for any on values.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1351075

I also use this for my off scene because all my sensors use 0 for a no-motion value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1351076

Leave a comment:

• Different Models of Motion Devices with different status values - Using Device Groups

This is more of a Device setup question but as it relates to Device Groups in ET. I have two different models of motion sensor, one has a Status value of 8 for Motion and the other has a status value of 255 for motion, the ET Device Group triggers use a Status Value rather than Device Status so I'm assuming that I will need to make sure that all Motion Device Status Values are the same. Is it OK to go into the Device "Status Graphics" tab for each device and set all Motion Values to 255? I'm not sure if doing this would cause the HS device to no longer work properly?
    Thank you!
Working...
X