Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not triggering

Hi,
    I'm revamping my Heating system scheduled events to make more use of virtual devices to hold different time of day for each day of the week and then by using EasyTrigger to compare Current Time (value) with the time of day (value). The Current Time virtual device is updated every minute. If I have understood the event logic as described in other threads, the structure I have defined should work - but it doesn't. Each IF/OR IF are perfectly good triggers I believe (having tested with a single case) but with the multiple set of triggers it doesn't work.
    Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

I can't answer as to why it's not working. However, if you are trying to set different heating schedules based on days of the week, then, personally, I'd use EasyTrigger's Schedules where you can define a different schedule for each day of the week and use a single simple event as shown below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	270
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1354548

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	215
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1354549

Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
    Number of Devices: 633
    Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.54.0: BLBackup
    2.0.40.0: BLLAN
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
    3.0.0.87: weatherXML
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have added in my case I have been using the HSmetro (Windows Tile based UI) for many years now which interacts directly with devices very well. I therefore can't use any such plugin based UI such as in EasyTrigger.
      Hopefully some event engine guru on the forum can help with the question. I know I can restructure into many more events but I'm hoping it shouldn't be necessary ? Thanks

Comment

how your virtual devices are updated?

Comment

Hi spud,
          Current Time is by script, and each schedule device is set directly by selecting one of the Control times listed. See attached. Just for information I did consider corrupt events (caused by the Copy option which I have had in the past) so I recreated all but no change.See attached. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Found the issue. Two of my virtual devices value range hadn't been set correctly. Instead of 1600 - 1800 in steps of 15 it remained 0 - 8. Thanks for listening anyway.

Comment

Sorry to return to this but there does seem to be an issue. So having checked all my events which are structured as above they are not triggering reliably. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, so I'm wondering about the question you put to me, spud, about how the devices are being updated. Using the snippets above can you say a bit more on what is required to make it work. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X