X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
    That only fixes remote options. All my events work fine. The problem is HS4 no longer gives me control buttons for about 90% of my devices.
    I'm not quite understanding the issue. When I operate my dimmers that are associated to each, they all stay in sync... whether I operate them locally at the switch itself... or through HS. If I set Dimmer A to 53% in HS, then dimmer B also changes it's value because of its direct association with Dimmer A.

I suspect it might be the quality/choice of dimmers, Coopers are the only ones that I've found so far that do this well (plus a few other things that other dimmers don't), possibly because they support instant status at both the controller and through Z-wave associations.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    I believe this is easier than you may think. The trick is to remember that when you use an EasyTrigger group in a trigger condition, the device location, name, reference, status, and value of the group member that actually caused the trigger to fire will be captured in the Global Variables etdevicelocation1, etdevicelocation2, etdevicename, etdeviceref, etdevicestatus, and etdevicevalue. You can use the etdevicevalue variable to set other group members to the same value. To access that variable in a formula, you use $$GLOBALVAR:etdevicevalue:
    (don't forget the colon before and after etdevicevalue).

So, if you want all the dimmers in a group to remain in sync with the same value, you define a group with all the dimmers, then if any device in the group changes, the event triggers and you can then set all the devices to the value of the changed device. See example below. Note that I set this so it can't re-run for 15 seconds to avoid cascading re-triggering of the event.

I hope this helps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	165.1 KB ID:	1408763

Leave a comment:

• Mack1979
    replied
    That only fixes remote options. All my events work fine. The problem is HS4 no longer gives me control buttons for about 90% of my devices.

Edit: Sorry, assumed this was a reply to my recent post, not one from March.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Why not just do direct associations between the main dimmer and the remote dimmers? That's what I do with my Cooper dimmers in my kitchen, that way it's not dependent on a home automation controller being present.

Leave a comment:

• awhitton
    replied
    I have not done it but is suspect that if you use a trigger of a change in device 1 value and an easy trigger comparison of device1 <> device2 then set device 2 to be value of device1. A separate event is then needed to set device 3 if device 1 changes. A pair is needed for each of your devices(6 in total). This should not loop as when the event triggers off a change in device 1 this changes Device 2; which in turn triggers the event off device2, that event off device2 will not try and change device 1 because the inequality statement will be false and thus the event does not trigger.

Leave a comment:

• Setting devices in a group to the last changed one in the group

I have 2 dimmable switches not linked to anything physically and a third switch which is physically linked to the lights. The two satellite switches store their dimmer position and display different lights dependent on their position. When I change either the physical switch (through HS3 for example) or I change the values of either of the dimmer switches I want all 3 items to be set to the same value, without triggering an infinite loop of all devices updating all devices.

I have this working through the link functionality in HS3 to a degree, but this often goes wrong and I get the switches and lights cycling constantly until I reboot HS3.
Working...
X