Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting a % from a device to a virtual device

Hello all ,

I am trying with the easy trigger plugin to set in a virtual device a % from another device.
    -The device is a Qubino flush shutter, and the flush shutter goes from 0-100%
    -I have created a virtual device

This is the event I created:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-29 09_29_07-Event.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1373485
    The virtual device:

Name:	2020-03-29 09_28_26-Devices.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1373486

The Qubino device with it's percentage (device number 131):

Name:	2020-03-29 09_36_18-Devices.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1373487

The log shows when I do a manuel "run" : that the evnt has run , but nothing else.
    The virtual device also shows nothing.

Anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Cor

Your Virtual Device appears to be On and Off Status only. You will need to make your Virtual Device match your Qubino’s multilevel Device. In addition to On and Off you will need to add a range value, usually 1-99. After adding the range, remove any prefix and add “%” as a suffix. You can also add a “Last” Status, though it shouldn’t come into play.

You also do not need the secondary “This Event is MANUALLY Triggered” Trigger. All Triggers are ignored when an Event is manually triggered, making the secondary Trigger unnecessary. It won’t hurt anything to leave it, or affect anything if you remove it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

; Ah , I see.

I have to change that in the "status/graphic"page ?

Name:	2020-03-29 14_46_56-Device Settings.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1373549

Which isn't working in HS4 ?

I have added quite some stuff under HS4 allready , it would be not so good when I have to go back to HS3 and use an older backup.
      Do you know if it is possible to revert back to HS3, but with all events/devices/timers and Zwave-stuff which I changed under HS4 .... Change this virtual device and than install Hs4 again?

Thanks,
      Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
        ; Ah , I see.

I have to change that in the "status/graphic"page ?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-29 14_46_56-Device Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	1373549

Which isn't working in HS4 ?

I have added quite some stuff under HS4 allready , it would be not so good when I have to go back to HS3 and use an older backup.
        Do you know if it is possible to revert back to HS3, but with all events/devices/timers and Zwave-stuff which I changed under HS4 .... Change this virtual device and than install Hs4 again?

Thanks,
        Cor
        This is the problem with using a beta in production

I was able to add the value range and save it, but when I tried to add the suffix and assign a control type to the range, it would not save. This left me with a virtual device that will store the value, but display the range value with “value” appended and no way to control it. Under Bulk Edit the option to copy is not there, so we can’t use another device and copy it.

Since there is no way to convert an HS4 JSON database back to an HS3 SQLite database, you’re kinda stuck. You can do what I did and have the Virtual Device contain a range, but you will have to wait until later to fix the suffix and control.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F9EDA0B8-18F6-4553-808E-C44021627D86.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	14.1 KB ID:	1373572
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

: thank you for trying. I will have to wait than.....
          Cor

Comment

: I was playing a bit with this again and got like you the variable in the virtual device , just not the suffix "%".
            I still tried to use this to set the shade-shutter to that variable and this was working.
            Problem solved.

Many thanks for your help,
            Cor

Comment

Working...
            X