Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger - Device value has not changed exactly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by alphatech View Post
    The last question, so I understand it a little more about your last comment, I could run it every 4 hours with the same results, correct?

By the way, thank you.
    You could set the recurring trigger to every four hours, but it could potentially take up to 7 hrs 59 min before it actually triggers, depending on where in the 4 hour interval the device became unchanged for 4 hours.

As paul said, the 1 minute or 10 minute recurring event will have minimal if any performance impact...a while back someone on here did some empirical testing to demonstrate this. The only time the event will use any resources is when the device has actually changed, and even then it is minimal.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    The last question, so I understand it a little more about your last comment, I could run it every 4 hours with the same results, correct?

By the way, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    I have several events that check on the status of devices and if they do not change, it means that I have an issue with that device. Not sure how it would effect my system to change every event to run every minute to check for the status of that device. With that said, if this is the only option, I do not mind changing it to what you have suggested. Is this what it should look like? Would a trigger of 10 minutes interval still able to trigger it?
    Every 10 minutes would work sure, but I don't think you'll have an issue with every minute. I have several events that are configured to run every minute. And keep in mind that it's really only the conditions that will test every minute - unless your Meter hasn't changed for at least 4h nothing more will happen each minute, and if you have the event set to only run every 4h, the rest of the event will only run once every 4h, and only if the conditions match.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    I have several events that check on the status of devices and if they do not change, it means that I have an issue with that device. Not sure how it would effect my system to change every event to run every minute to check for the status of that device. With that said, if this is the only option, I do not mind changing it to what you have suggested. Is this what it should look like? Would a trigger of 10 minutes interval still able to trigger it?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Unfortunately I do not see an option in EasyTrigger "has NOT changed for AT LEAST 4h (rather than than exactly 4h). The other option from Telagog01 may work but it is not that elegant solution as using the above trigger.
    There isn't a trigger for "has not changed for at least", because that is a time interval and not a moment in time. If that were a trigger, the event would trigger once every second after it hadn't changed for 4 hours (without the "cannot re-run for" option). That's why I said to use a recurring trigger and the condition. I'm curious why you think it is not elegant...it is pretty much the standard way to do this type of recurring reminder type of event (every four hours in this case). Seems to me that a recurring trigger is the perfect way to handle an event that you want to trigger at a recurring interval.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Unfortunately I do not see an option in EasyTrigger "has NOT changed for AT LEAST 4h (rather than than exactly 4h). The other option from Telagog01 may work but it is not that elegant solution as using the above trigger.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    As paul mentioned, this would probably be better implemented with a "for at least" condition. To expand a bit more, you'll need to change the event to a recurring trigger, say once every minute, with the EasyTrigger condition "has NOT changed for at least". And as paul said, set the event option "cannot re-run for 4 hours".

The "has not changed for exactly" trigger as you have it should actually work to trigger when the device hasn't changed for exactly 4 hours, but it will not repeat every four hours. And it's possible the event could be missed if HS3 is down or if the event engine is heavily taxed at that exact moment of the device having not changed for exactly 4 hours.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Not sure about the first part (event not triggering), but if you want it to trigger at 4h and every 4h after, I'd set it to "has NOT changed for AT LEAST 4h (rather than than exactly 4h), and then change the event to say that it can only run once every 4h in the main event options.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    started a topic Trigger - Device value has not changed exactly...

Trigger - Device value has not changed exactly...

Hi Spud,
    I would like to use this trigger to check if the device is updating. It looks like that the event is not triggering. I would also like to trigger this event when every four hours the value does not change. Am I doing something wrong?
    Attached Files
Working...
X