Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Easytrigger monitor Scene/Multitap on HS wall dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Easytrigger monitor Scene/Multitap on HS wall dimmer?

What I want to do is put all my HS-WD200+ scene controllers in an Easytrigger group so that when I tap any wall HS switch "x" number of times it run the same event without creating more than 20 individual triggers 1-by-1 for each and every switch. Even with several suggestions I just can't seem to get this to work. "If" this is possible can someone please post the exact event trigger syntax.

I could go into all the things I've tried, but to keep this simple it would be awesome if somebody just posted the answer.

Many thanks in advance.

I have a script written that I can share but that is not your question. I don't have an event but will ask some questions

Have you set up the group in easytrigger?
    Is it static or dynamic? If static have you selected the switches and if dynamic have you set up the rule?

The event would then become:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-09 15-08-20.png Views:	0 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	1384183

The 1004 comes from the status graphics for the device - Pressed 3 times. My switches are jasco and below are the options:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-09 15-12-04.png Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	1384184

The simple test event works for me.

Here is my EasyTrigger Group

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-09 15-18-09.png
Views:	210
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1384186
    Last edited by AllHailJ; May 9, 2020, 04:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to add EasyTrigger Group

Comment

I've done something similar to AllHailJ's example but found I needed to add a V/S pair of zero/"inactive" to each central scene device. The final action in the event is to set the central scene device to zero so the next time it can trigger the same event (if value *changes and becomes*) since theres not a trigger for "had its value set to".
      -Wade

Comment

I had tried things that were much more difficult. I am sorry to even take up time with this as it was as simple as it should be. It's a static group in Easytrigger for me. Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
          I had tried things that were much more difficult. I am sorry to even take up time with this as it was as simple as it should be. It's a static group in Easytrigger for me. Thanks!
          This will not work if the same scene is activated a second time on any device without interim actions. If you trigger on the bedroom light pressed three times at 8pm, the same action at 9pm will not trigger the event, since the scene child will not change values. Wade’s solution gets around this by setting the scene devices to a null value at the end of the Event. I did the same thing by 1) adding the null value to all central scene devices and 2) using the same Easy Trigger group as the trigger and to set all the devices to 0.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you don't have EasyTrigger there is another way to do this.

1. Create a virtual device that mimics the scene device.
            2. Link all scene devices to the virtual device.
            3. Use the virtual device setting to trigger the action.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-10 07-24-48.png Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	1384316

and here is a log shot showing that it works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-10 07-26-38.png Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	1384317

I added the 0/Inactivity pair to the virtual device but scenes change frequently as lights are toggled so collision is less likely.

Comment

I would have probably never noticed coming back to the same switch and it would still be "stuck" at the same state and nothing would change to trigger the event since in this example it's to turn all the lights in (or outside) the house on. IE - Something I'm probably not going to run without some other change at the same switch happening 1st. When/if I did notice it I'm guessing I'd never figure that out though it makes perfectly good sense when you guys pointed it out. It's a great approach that I'm sure I'll need for something else some time as well.

THANKS for helping me do it right the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
                I would have probably never noticed coming back to the same switch and it would still be "stuck" at the same state and nothing would change to trigger the event since in this example it's to turn all the lights in (or outside) the house on. IE - Something I'm probably not going to run without some other change at the same switch happening 1st. When/if I did notice it I'm guessing I'd never figure that out though it makes perfectly good sense when you guys pointed it out. It's a great approach that I'm sure I'll need for something else some time as well.

THANKS for helping me do it right the first time!
                Perhaps beating the horse a bit too long here, but note that normal on/off use of the switch doesn't change the central scene device. I.e., you would have to set a different multi-tap central scene at that device in order for it to trigger without the null reset. In my case, I have switches I only use for on/off control of the local load and for a single central scene so it would usually *not* trigger for me. Your setup and usage may be very different, of course.
                -Wade

Comment

I keep a horse around for that very purpose

I just had not run across this need to group my scene controllers yet and as always you guys were a ton of help.

Comment

There's a simpler solution which is to use the Easy Trigger "Any device's value in this group had its value set and expression is true" trigger instead of the "Any device's value in this group changes and becomes" trigger.

The "Any device's value in this group had its value set and expression is true" will trigger even if the value doesn't change. Thus, if your central scene device was already at 1004 (meaning the last time it was used it was triple-tapped), then the "set" choice will trigger again even if that device is triple tapped and retains the same 1004 value.

The Expression part is used to determine when to act. So one would set that to $NEWVALUE == 1004 if you wanted to trigger on a triple tap. Note that the $OLDVALUE and $NEWVALUE refer to the values of the device in the group that just caused the trigger to fire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1385269

Comment

jvm...I missed this response and will try that approach as well...thanks!

Comment

That should be corrected by hst ..no?
                        rjh

Comment

Working...
                        X