Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average device value over time as trigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average device value over time as trigger.

Hi!

I am using Homeseer to flat-out peaks in power consumption.

I need to log my average consumption over one hour, all hours a day.

Every hour from 00-59.59. (Hour 17: 17.00 - 17.59.59, Hour 3: 03.00 - 03.59.59 etc.)

I need to log all average values or "new record" hours from >this< month's consumption, from 1st of the month to the last date hour 23.

I need to use the hour with the highest consumption >this< month as a trigger.

My ultimate target:
    I don't want to make new power consumption average records so:

When power consumption >this< hour is getting close to the highest average hour >this< month, do not heat until next hour.

A part of my electricity bill are calculated out of THE hour every month with the highest consumption.

It looks like I got around 30dollars to save every month getting this perfect.

I got eight heating sources. How do I create a logic that makes room for randomized order on what heating source to heat and what source to disconnect at high power consumption? Possibly with the known consumption value registered, so that when this amount of overhead is available, that heating source can turn "ON" and continue heating until thermostat stops heating or if power consumption increases too much and heat needs to turn down to the lower temperature setting once again.

The goal is not necessarily to save power consumption, but to prevent peak power consumption..

What can be done with the Easytrigger plugin?

The current solution is to describe a fixed consumption value and react accordingly to prevent power peaks.

20 highest values in April:

I can't get my head around doing this, hoping for guidance.

Best regards

John

Do you know what the peak power consumption is for each heating source? Do you know what the change points are for the peak electrical use are (the inflection points)? Also do you know what minimum energy you need to keep the house at a given temperature for a given differential between inside and outside (The average R for your house)? It's been a while (40 years) since I have done the in depth thermodynamic calculations but I think you can determine this well enough to plot curves and then use the curves to guide you. I think the tricky part is going to be incorporating the weather. i.e do you go to a higher temperature when you are off peak to shave the peak and still keep the house comfortable. I think the logic is going to require a script and not easy trigger.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I am not trying to predict what kind of power is required to keep the house comfortable.

The goal is to prevent extra charges/punishment for excessive "peak-average power/hours".

What is already consumed can set the benchmark.

One way to do this:

If you think Excel: Say the highest average value is stored in B2.

After one hour has finished, if the average value is higher than than B2, then write the new value to B2. And if the value is less, do nothing.

Easytrigger can do math calculations?

But how to save the "B2" value from 1st to the last every month? And reset every 1st at midnight? Can it be saved in a schedule?

If done like this, B2 = highest average-hour power consumption, so far this month.

Because if I already have used 10kwh in average one hour, there is no use in preventing power averages lower than this.

This can be done:
      •Easytrigger can on a schedule input a fixed minimum value to "B2" the first every month at midnight, say 2,5kWh. Or in case of #4 below: Input value to month average virtual device?

Need to figure out:

#1: How to calculate average consumption for an hour from 00.00 to 59.59.

#2: How to store the highest value from 1st of the month to the last day at midnight?

#3 :How to calculate average consumption from the start of every hour until now? What about do average-calculation every minute, recurring trigger?

#4: Can storage of values be done in virtual devices? 3devices, one for this month average, one for registering average hour values to month average, and one with realtime average value this month?

Best regards

John

Comment

EsayTrigger can do mathematical calculations and store values in virtual devices using the action "Set Device to Expression"
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...210#post877210

That being said it looks like what you want to do is complicated enough so that a script (or mix of scripts and events) may be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Join View Post
          Thank you for your reply.

I am not trying to predict what kind of power is required to keep the house comfortable.

The goal is to prevent extra charges/punishment for excessive "peak-average power/hours".

What is already consumed can set the benchmark.

One way to do this:

If you think Excel: Say the highest average value is stored in B2.

After one hour has finished, if the average value is higher than than B2, then write the new value to B2. And if the value is less, do nothing.

Easytrigger can do math calculations?

But how to save the "B2" value from 1st to the last every month? And reset every 1st at midnight? Can it be saved in a schedule?

If done like this, B2 = highest average-hour power consumption, so far this month.

Because if I already have used 10kwh in average one hour, there is no use in preventing power averages lower than this.

This can be done:
          •Easytrigger can on a schedule input a fixed minimum value to "B2" the first every month at midnight, say 2,5kWh. Or in case of #4 below: Input value to month average virtual device?

Need to figure out:

#1: How to calculate average consumption for an hour from 00.00 to 59.59.

#2: How to store the highest value from 1st of the month to the last day at midnight?

#3 :How to calculate average consumption from the start of every hour until now? What about do average-calculation every minute, recurring trigger?

#4: Can storage of values be done in virtual devices? 3devices, one for this month average, one for registering average hour values to month average, and one with realtime average value this month?

Best regards

John
          Have a look at the Device History PI
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture average.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	1384295
          ---
          John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Have a look at the Device History PI
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture average.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	1384295
            ---
            John
            Hmm, if its possible to specify period from date/time to date/time..

I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              EsayTrigger can do mathematical calculations and store values in virtual devices using the action "Set Device to Expression"
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...210#post877210

That being said it looks like what you want to do is complicated enough so that a script (or mix of scripts and events) may be necessary.
              If its possible to create the three values, it's good enough for now to incorporate them into my event.

I know nothing of scripts, but my plan is to know, one day.

Comment

Hmm, if its possible to specify period from date/time to date/time..

I'll look into it.

Otherwise put a FR in.

---
                John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Otherwise put a FR in.

---
                  John
                  I am sorry, don't know what that means.. :/ care to explain?

John

Comment

I am sorry, don't know what that means.. :/ care to explain?

John
                    FR = Feature Request

---
                    John

Comment

Working...
                    X