X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbdesai
    replied
    Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
    Regular expressions are reserved for strings not values. The expression would be something that can be evaluated true or false like x<y. There should be values for each of the status in the value status pair - x;charged, y;disconnected, z;stopped.
    That makes sense. So I have to use $DVR or something like it to do a mathematical expression it seems. Will work on it later today. Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• AllHailJ
    replied
    Regular expressions are reserved for strings not values. The expression would be something that can be evaluated true or false like x<y. There should be values for each of the status in the value status pair - x;charged, y;disconnected, z;stopped.

Leave a comment:

• gbdesai
    started a topic Need Help with A Device's Value is... Expression is True

Need Help with A Device's Value is... Expression is True

So first of all, Easy Trigger is amazing! Helped simplify a lot of my home alerting.

I've been messing around with a new notification to remind me if I forget to plug in my Tesla when the charge is below a certain threshold (ignore the values in the image below, I set them high and the trigger time low for testing purposes).

I first started with Easy Trigger A Device's String is... but realized that I needed to test Device Value is... I want this to trigger when the device's value is either Charged, Disconnected, or Stopped. I want to use the regular expression \b(Charged|Disconnected|Stopped)\b but the option never let's me pick a device... What am I doing wrong, it just allows me to enter the regular expression. When I do the same thing with Device string, I can enter an expression but it also asks me which device I want to check that expression against... Also seems in the group option it asks for a group name for which is checks device values (I could kludge it that way with a group of one device - but really want to know how to do this the right way).

Thanks!
Working...
X