HS4 Set Device to another Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Set Device to another Device

I have the easy trigger shown in the image below. I am executing the event manually by clicking on the running figure. The date when the event did update so it has run. However, My first device is not set to the second device. Note that the first device is a virtual device created in HS4 and the second device is a 'feature' of the Thermostat device. I also tried to match the configuration of the virtual device (center) to the second/actual device(bottom).

Event:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	EasyTrigger.png Views:	0 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1386226

Virtual Device:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VirtualDevice.png Views:	0 Size:	9.7 KB ID:	1386227

Actual Device:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_89384.png
Views:	231
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1386228

spud Have you seen this behavior (actually no behavior) before? In either case, do you have any ideas why this doesn't work for me?

Comment

No, set the log level to Debug and post what you get when you try to run the event.

Comment

This is really wacky. I set EasyTrigger to Debug and when I ran the event manually I got a whole bunch of changes. The first one was motion in the garage but I know there wasn't any motion for many hours. The device list also shows motion wasn't triggered for many hours. So instead of filtering for EasyTrigger I showed all debug information. Turns out when I ran the event a different event was actually started. Very strange!!! So I made a copy of my event. When I ran this copy it actually did ran that copy but the EasyPlugin action didn't run (there was no debug output until 5 seconds later which was from the camera).

So I finally recreated the entire event. Lo and behold, now it worked as it should!!!!

That's just another reason why I am not going to upgrade from HS3 to HS4 but will rebuild everything from scratch even if it will take me weeks or maybe months. Too many strange things are happening.

Comment

Working...
        X