Dynamic Groups Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Groups Request

Hello spud Would it be possible to add a better way to see what devices are in a dynamic group? Right now I realize that I can hover over the ? icon next to the group but if there is a large number of devices in that group, it is a little difficult to verify the list with them all clumped together. If there is a way to view them in more of a list view that would make it much easier.
    Thank you!
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

excellent idea...something like a 'preview' button on the table so you can see, at that moment, what the query finds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Hello spud Would it be possible to add a better way to see what devices are in a dynamic group? Right now I realize that I can hover over the ? icon next to the group but if there is a large number of devices in that group, it is a little difficult to verify the list with them all clumped together. If there is a way to view them in more of a list view that would make it much easier.
      Thank you!
      +1 that would be great!

Here is it impossible to see all the batteries devices in a group.

Comment

+1 That would be great,

Comment

+1; the floating window also seems to have a size limitation so missing a number of devices...

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              excellent idea...something like a 'preview' button on the table so you can see, at that moment, what the query finds.
              I think that would help the page load faster too. As currently configured, the dynamic groups take a ton of time to load in the background before releasing the page to display.

--Barry

Comment

Please install and test version BETA 3.0.0.73, I have added a button to display the content of a dynamic group:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dynamicgroupcontent.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1441944

Comment

spud works perfect here. Thanks

Comment

spud works awesome! helped me figure out that 50% of my groups were not working well, or at all.

2 quick asks...

1. Can you put the button inside the edit so we can see while editing - thus, Save and then show the results in one click without closing the edit screen?
                    2. Can you add Address to the filter options? There are some devices, from plugins mainly, that have useful info to filter on. Like Blue Iris does.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

spud

This feature is very useful!

A few asks to extend this functionality, please ...

1. Show the current values on the modal popup.
                        2. Have this for static lists also - mainly to show the values.
                        3. This button available during editing so we can see the results of the query while editing -- not needing to close/reopen the edit screen frequently to tweak our dynamic list.

Separately... Can you add Address option for Dynamic 'rules'? This will help with plugin created devices which are unique. Like Blue Iris does.

thx!

Comment

Working...
                        X