Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Understanding Value Was and Becomes Trigger

HS3
    Wanting to trigger on luminance change of an Aeotec multisensor during the day from normal brightness to abnormally low brightness (cloudy or storm).
    e.g. daytime lights on when lux drops from range of 200-2000 to a range of 0-199

The ET event will not trigger for me... have ET debug on but get no debug info in the log (guess because the event doesn't fire?)
    Non-ET events that trigger on Lux change and on Lux becoming less than do fire.
    The Luminance device has values different than shown by hs.DeviceValue (logged by events) which may be part of the problem (?)

In the example the Lux changes from 237 to 2 so I would think the change from range [110,1000000] to range [-10000,109] would trigger.
    I tried different ranges (not so extreme) but still no joy.

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
    HS3The Luminance device has values different than shown by hs.DeviceValue (logged by events) which may be part of the problem (?)
    Can you explain this statement in more detail? Are you using something other than device value? If so, what is it and where is it being stored?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Can you explain this statement in more detail? Are you using something other than device value? If so, what is it and where is it being stored?
      Just referring to the values shown in the "status" ranges: e.g. -217483648 to 217483648 full range... e.g. 0.002 to 0.01 is "...luminance-6-25.png" so mapping from the full lux range to the status icon range 1-100.

Click image for larger version

Name:	luminanceValues.png
Views:	162
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1408594

Comment

I'm probably still confused, but at any given time the device has a single value. If that value is in the ranges defined on the status/graphics tab, then I would expect the image will reflect the range the value is in. I don't think the Easy Trigger plug-in pays any attention to those ranges. The ET trigger will be determined by the actual value of the device.

Based on the statement in the first post, if the value is in the range 200...2000, I would expect the event will trigger when the value goes below 200. Is that not occurring?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Uncle Michael... I should not have mentioned the status/graphics... just creates confusion.

Yes... as you can see in the log, the Node16 Lux went from 237 to 2 (I put a blind over the sensor) but the ET event did not fire. As I understand ET, it would be looking for a change from a range of [110 to 1000000] into which 237 would fall, to a range of [-10000 to 109] into which 2 would fall so seems it should trigger. As the log shows, the other two NonET events did fire... one showing the Lux value changed and one showing it became < 100 (I misstyped the script comment to say >100)... but the ET event logged nothing (I do have the ET debug option on).

Comment

There appears to be a problem either with your first post or with the forum. I see links attached to the first post if I'm not logged in, but I cannot access them. After I log in, the links are no longer visible in the post. I assume those are the logs you are referring to?

I expect the PI author will have a better response than I can provide, but if I am understanding what you are describing correctly, they I agree with your assessment.

Comment

How about using

EasyTrigger: This device had its value set and expression is true
              (select your LUX sensor)

And then for the expression part, have something like:
              ($OLDVALUE >= 100) && ($NEWVALUE < 100)

Remember that the "Old" and "New" value could be very close together as the change is occurring, so you can't test for a 'big" jump, I.e., you can't test for a jump from greater than 200 to less than 100 because, in the real world, depending on the unpredictable speed of sensor reports and change in light level, the sensor could slowly change 200, 199, 198, 197, etc .... 101, 100 as the light level decreases, so you have to check for a threshold crossing rather than a big jump.

Comment

Thanks, jvm... I'll use that if can't get the "normal" range check to work... hoping Spud or another can point out the problem.
                Uncle Michael... I can't see the uploads now either... uploading again:

Name:	Lux1.png
Views:	185
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	1408797

Name:	Lux2.png
Views:	163
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	1408798

Comment

set the log level to debug and make sure that EasyTrigger see the value change for device #520, you should see something like:

Code:
                  Device 520 value changed from X to Y

Comment

Thanks, Spud...
                    I do have the log level set to debug... it was set to debug when the log posted above was written. I see nothing from ET in the HS log... is there a different log for ET?... I don't see an ET log in the HS3 Logs folder.

Comment

there is no special log fro EasyTrigger, everything is logged in the HS log.
                      everytime a device's value is changed or set, you should see a debug log line from EasyTrigger.
                      double check that the log level is set to debug in PLUG-INS > EasyTrigger > Config
                      what do you get in the logs when you start ET?

Comment

OK... verified debug was on... disabled ET... reenabled ET... Log immediately started spewing out tons of stuff added to cache and then value changes for timers etal... set ET logging down to warning and then did the Lux change and the ET event did trigger. So apparently ET was prevented from doing the range change trigger for some reason... I have some other events with different ET triggers that were working.

Anyway... all seems OK now... thanks for your help!!

I think there is mothing unusual in the log for starting ET up, but since you asked:
                        Aug-06 3:06:50 PM EasyTrigger DEBUG UPB Device Link TheatDoor Button1 L38 added to cache
                        Aug-06 3:06:50 PM EasyTrigger DEBUG Stairs Landing added to cache
                        Aug-06 3:06:49 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EasyTrigger
                        Aug-06 3:06:49 PM Starting Plug-In EasyTrigger loaded in 1393 milliseconds
                        Aug-06 3:06:49 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin EasyTrigger started successfully in 229 milliseconds
                        Aug-06 3:06:49 PM EasyTrigger INFO EasyTrigger version 3.0.0.71
                        Aug-06 3:06:49 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin EasyTrigger ...
                        Aug-06 3:06:49 PM Info Plugin EasyTrigger has connected. IP:xxx.x.X.x:48238
                        Aug-06 3:06:39 PM Info Plugin EasyTrigger with instance: has disconnected
                        Aug-06 3:06:35 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: EasyTrigger

Comment

Working...
                        X