Set group of devices to (string value)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set group of devices to (string value)

Is there any way to set a group of devices to the string version of the value?

It would be good to not assume "Off" = 0 and "On" = 255 but instead control by the designated string, particularly if the numeric value for off/on differs across devices.

Sure, if you want to see the values in your Home screen, just go to the devices you wish to see and add in the Status/Graphics tab just add a New Range Value. Just set it to 0 and the max to 255. In the prefix just say "Value " <- Remember the trailing spaces, but you don't even need to put any word there. In the middle make sure that the Has Value's box is checked. Then from then on, the value of the device will be next to the image graphic on the left. (In HS3 at least).

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
      Sure, if you want to see the values in your Home screen, just go to the devices you wish to see and add in the Status/Graphics tab just add a New Range Value. Just set it to 0 and the max to 255. In the prefix just say "Value " <- Remember the trailing spaces, but you don't even need to put any word there. In the middle make sure that the Has Value's box is checked. Then from then on, the value of the device will be next to the image graphic on the left. (In HS3 at least).
      I'm not sure that answer is in the context of Easy Trigger?

My point was that controlling a device only by value (as Easy Trigger supports) is not as flexible as doing it by the allocated string / button text, since devices may have different numeric representations for "On". For example Z-Wave devices seem to prefer 255 = On, HomeSeer virtual devices use 100 = On, the plugins I have use 1 = On.

Being able to set "a group of devices to On" without worrying about the actual value would be good, albeit with some risk of the string changing of course. And also more intuitive in the view of events.

Comment

Originally posted by rge View Post

I'm not sure that answer is in the context of Easy Trigger?

My point was that controlling a device only by value (as Easy Trigger supports) is not as flexible as doing it by the allocated string / button text, since devices may have different numeric representations for "On". For example Z-Wave devices seem to prefer 255 = On, HomeSeer virtual devices use 100 = On, the plugins I have use 1 = On.

Being able to set "a group of devices to On" without worrying about the actual value would be good, albeit with some risk of the string changing of course. And also more intuitive in the view of events.
        100% agree with this. Sometimes I was not able to put a device on command from a group because the on command is not the same value.

Comment

+1. Was this ever submitted to spud via the wishlist?

Comment

Working...
          X