When copying a “was and becomes” trigger event the copy is never run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When copying a “was and becomes” trigger event the copy is never run

A have a event. When a value becomes sleep -> home. The do someting. When i make a copy from this event the new event is never run.
    Only when i enter egain the values sleep and home then the event is running. Looks likes a bug. Im running hs4 but not sure if this was the same in hs3.

Copy/Paste of events has always been a source of problem in HS3, so I would avoid this feature.

Comment

Hi Spud,

thanks for your reply. Im running the latest HS4 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and MONO 6. Its only happens with ET events. Copying other events is no problem.
      The workaround is enter the device again. You can reproduce very easy.
      Create a event with a "'was and becomes trigger" and be sure it works.
      Then copy the event and remove the original. The events is not working anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Easytrigger.png
Views:	154
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	1424327
      Regards, Walter

Comment

I have also found that when I copy an event that uses ET, I generally have to go back into the ET line and just re-select the device. Not a big deal if you remember to do it as part of the copy process. The benefits of EasyTrigger well outweigh issues that only occur manually, like in a copy.

Comment

That should be logged to hs portal with the mention that the copy fonction should NOT be removed ...but resolved : https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

Comment

I will report this on de HS4 portal. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X