X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic stuff just doesn't work.

Hi,

Very frustrated here.

Just got a TRV to try, setup a simple event to check for temperature change and to trigger heating if the temperature is +1 less than setpoint.
    It doesn't work, in fact, nothing I do works. It's like something is broken.

I've tried the same event different ways, I've tried deleting the event and creating new... I've tried restarting the plugin, and the system.
    I've tried debugging, but nothing is in the logs.

Simply put, the setpoint is currently at 19, the temperature is 16.5 and when the temperature changes nothing is triggered.
    I thought it was an issue with only triggering on the first false to true change, so I re-wrote the event which should mean it works either way.

Please advise as this is doing my head in.

Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	stupid.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1428358

if you remove the "and if" condition, is the event triggered?

Comment

I agree with spud, remove the if statement and see what happens. It might be something with 'Z-Wave Node 44 Thermostat". Also, does the event not get triggered or is it being triggered and nothing happens? What do you have under options?

Comment

Is "Z-Wave Node 44 Thermostat" the correct device to be using? In my case "Z-Wave Downstairs Thermostat" is the "device" but "Z-Wave Downstairs Thermostat Heating Setpoint" is the device "feature" that would need to be used. If you are using HS3, replace device/feature with parent/child.

Here's what the event looks like in my setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 11.10.07 AM.png
Views:	214
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1428554

It's a mystery as to why the temperature is "Thermostat Temperature" in the "IF" but just "Temperature" in the "AND IF".

Hope this helps,
        Ken
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
          Is "Z-Wave Node 44 Thermostat" the correct device to be using? In my case "Z-Wave Downstairs Thermostat" is the "device" but "Z-Wave Downstairs Thermostat Heating Setpoint" is the device "feature" that would need to be used. If you are using HS3, replace device/feature with parent/child.

Here's what the event looks like in my setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 11.10.07 AM.png
Views:	214
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1428554

It's a mystery as to why the temperature is "Thermostat Temperature" in the "IF" but just "Temperature" in the "AND IF".

Hope this helps,
          Ken
          You're right. I'm retarded.
          you only need read my event to see the problem.

Sorry guys i made a stupid error.
          me thinks too much chewing around with this TRV has made my head fuzzy

Comment

No worries. Sometimes I think this stuff makes me stupid.

Glad you got it working.

Ken
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
            X