No announcement yet.

Set a device to the value of another device multiplied or divided by a value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set a device to the value of another device multiplied or divided by a value

Is there a way to use EasyTrigger to set a device to the value of another device multiplied or divided by a value in an event? The "Set Device to another Device" action only allowes + plus and minus.

I have a virtual device which functions as the setpoint that the lights in my bathroom is set to when motion is detected. This setpoint is changed at certain times, so the light will be more dim at night than during daytime. And I want the light to follow a pattern when turning off: First turn on to the defined setpoint, then dim to half the setpoint a couple of minutes after there's no motion, then turn off completely a minute after that again.

I got the idea from the Phoscon app. And it makes sense, since it gives a person a chance to move around to turn the light back to setpoint while at the same time not be left in the dark.

You can set the device to expression. In the expression, use the replacement variable for the "other" device value (i.e., $$DVR:123: ) where 123 is the device reference, and operators to multiply or divide it.
    -Wade

Comment

Thanks. Close, but no cigar. The "Set Device to Expression" doesn't have an "After a delay of X" option. Guess I'll have to write a script or something.

Comment

Seems like that could be handled with a timer, wait action(s) and/or delayed run of secondary event(s). Or a script. 😉
        -Wade

Comment

Working...
        X