Dynamic Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Groups

Dynamic groups don't seem to be working for me. Or, I just don't understand how to use them properly.

I had a dynamic group where "name equals battery". When I first set it up, it found all my devices and put them into the group. I thought, "This is great, I don't have to add each one individually".

Yesterday, I added a new battery operated device and expected it to be added to the group for me. It wasn't added. I thought that maybe I had to wait for the "wake up" before it was added to the group. Well, it is more than 24 hours since I added the new device, and it still isn't in the group.

Perhaps I don't understand what a dynamic group really means.

Any help?

What is the new battery device's name in HS3?

"Name equals battery" would only include devices with the exact name "battery" (not sure about case sensitivity). You probably want to use Contains instead of Equals. You might also consider using Type instead of Name. Or use both if you need to really filter it down.

Comment

It seems like I need to go to the Features page on the new device and save each of the features before the dynamic group will update based on the filters. Once I saved each of the features, the dynamic groups were updated properly.

Comment

Working...
      X