Motion sensor and lights configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor and lights configuration

What's the best way to have a light trigger by motion for X time but don't turn off the lights until motion is off for x time

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    What's the best way to have a light trigger by motion for X time but don't turn off the lights until motion is off for x time
    Event 1:
    IF motion
    THEN turn on light

Event 2;
    IF no motion for at least xx minutes
    AND IF light has been on for at least xx minutes
    THEN turn light off

Set xx in the Trigger and Condition for the minimum amount of time for the light to be On and for how long after motion stops before the light is turned off.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Event 1:
      IF motion
      THEN turn on light

Event 2;
      IF no motion for at least xx minutes
      THEN turn light off

Set xx in the Trigger and Condition for the minimum amount of time for the light to be On and for how long after motion stops before the light is turned off.
      I tried that but if device has been for x is no longer available in HS4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-37.png
Views:	228
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1442989

Comment

NVM found a workaround, hopefully it works. You can't use it as a starting trigger only a secondary. Weird

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post

I tried that but if device has been for x is no longer available in HS4.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-37.png Views:	0 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	1442989
          I didn’t know it was HS4. Then it is still easy:

Event 2;
          IF this event will trigger once every 1 second
          AND IF no motion for at least xx minutes
          THEN turn light off
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This is is the best way I’ve found to do light control based on motion sensors. Tried it the other way could not get it to work consistently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F705A49A-FAC0-4BF0-9F3B-E8207187AA62.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1443015Click image for larger version

Name:	9E2E2F5A-93F1-4B0B-9F44-586634CBC27F.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1443016

Comment

Event 1 - If sensor changes to IN MOTION and light is currently OFF turn ON light
              Event 2 - If sensor has been NO MOTION for exactly x seconds and light is currently ON turn OFF light

Or you could eliminate HomeSeer altogether:
              1. Configure the Z-Wave parameter for your motion sensor to trigger for minimum of x seconds
              2. Associate your light to the motion sensor
              3. That's it, no events required - light turns on with motion, light stays on for x seconds after last motion

I do option 1 above because in my case I have multiple sensors along the (long) corridor so I've got them all in a EasyTrigger group and use the above logic to react to the group changing status. Fully HS4 compatible without HS consuming compute cycles re-progressing the logic.

Comment

I use two sets of events, one if the light was turned on by the z-wave switch, the other if it was turned on by the z-wave motion sensor.

I use a timer and two virtual devices, one if the light was turned on by the sensor and one if it was turned on by the switch. If the timer exceeds a certain amount of time and no motion for 5 minutes and the light was not turned on automatically, then turn off the light. If the light was turned on manually then leave it on. That meets the WAF factor requirements.

Comment

I think I over think it. After messing around with it, I went back to my old ways. One event to turn on if motion another event to turn off if no motion.

Comment

Working...
                  X