Easiest Way? ... Device Value changed : Was N and No longer N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest Way? ... Device Value changed : Was N and No longer N

The device I need to monitor has 15 different possible values. I need to have the Event Trigger watch for when the value was 8 and is no longer 8 since I dont want the event to trigger unless it was 8 just prior to not being 8 anymore.

should I use "value set and expression is true" : "$OLDVALUE == 8 and $NEWVALUE !=8"

or is there a better / easier way?

thx

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    should I use "value set and expression is true" : "$OLDVALUE == 8 and $NEWVALUE !=8"
    That’s how I do it 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
      The device I need to monitor has 15 different possible values. I need to have the Event Trigger watch for when the value was 8 and is no longer 8 since I dont want the event to trigger unless it was 8 just prior to not being 8 anymore.

or is there a better / easier way?

thx
      Basic question, is there a link or tutorial on creating expressions in Homeseer? I don't know where to find syntax or variable names.

Thanks,

Devan

Comment

Originally posted by devanb View Post

Basic question, is there a link or tutorial on creating expressions in Homeseer? I don't know where to find syntax or variable names.

Thanks,

Devan
        syntax and operators are listed here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...in-easytrigger
        then you can use any replacement variables as if it was a numerical value: https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...ment_variables
        and you can use the 2 following special variables: $OLDVALUE, $NEWVALUE

Comment

Working...
        X