Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcgirl65
    replied
    Can I use $DEVICEVALUE to set something? I am trying to understand how to set a group of devices using an expression. Like for instance, if I use $DEVICEVALUE=0 it will turn the lights off but if I use $DEVICEVALUE=1 nothing happens. I would think it would turn the lights on. I use this that I found on the forum somewhere to turn the lights ON.
    if ($DEVICEVALUE <> 1, 1, $DEVICEVALUE)

And I understand that it is saying if the devicevalue is not 1 then set it to 1 (ON) else leave it as is, right? Just trying to figure these expressions out and wondering if it could be used to turn the lights a different colour, etc.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    To dim you need to create another group with all the Brightness features.
    For colours I don't think it's possible, because the color control is a bit special, and it won't work with "Set group of devices to expression"

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    OK, I got the group of lights to go on and off but how would I dim them and change their colours?

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    OK, I see that I need to label all the child features to be the same as the root device name. Otherwise, it is impossible to know which switch is wihich.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    How have you created your Group in the EasyTrigger config?
    You need to select the Switch feature (=child device) rather than the root device.

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    started a topic Help with Group Lights and Events

Help with Group Lights and Events

I am having a problem trying to create an event to turn ON and OFF a group of wifi lights that I have in HS using Tuya. It seems that the Lights Feature "Switch" needs to be used to turn the lights on and off but when I put them in a Group, it seems to be using the "State". How do I do use the Features of Lights in a Group in an Event?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-2021-02-07-14_25_50.png
Views:	223
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1454775
Working...
X