EasyTrigger schedule misbehaving occasionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyTrigger schedule misbehaving occasionally

Hi, I have been a long time registered user of EasyTrigger in HS3 and have been very happy with complex events working absolutely perfectly for years. Recently I decided to move to HS4 - I did a fresh install of HS4 and recreated my devices and events, basically a fresh start (as upgrading didnt work on my computer for some obscure reason).

While easytrigger mostly works as expected, I have a strange issue I cant troubleshoot.

I have an event (event A) that turns on a humidifier in my kids room based on humidity levels, and immediately fires another event (call it event B - see attached). Event B's purpose is to speak an announcement, but ONLY between 8AM-9PM daily AND only if a 'voice announcement control' virtual device is set by me to ON (I have it always on, I only switch it off when I have guests).

Here's where the trouble starts. When event A fires, most of the time event B is triggered as per the stated conditions above. However occasionally, event B fires and speaks the announcement well past 9PM in violation of my easytrigger 'Announcements' schedule. At first I thought I was dreaming because it happened in the middle of the night but then the next day I do see the event record in the logs. It seems to happen every 3-4 days at random times in the night. Attaching one such example.

So what's wrong? Is it the way I have things set up? Why does event B sometimes successfully fire and execute the speak action ignoring the EasyTrigger schedule?

HS4 version: V4.1.17.0
    EasyTrigger version: 3.0.0.73

Thanks for any help in advance!

You might also want to check and see if "B" did NOT fire at times that it was expected, but fired later. There are reports of this: Here.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Thanks for the tip.... so far I haven't noticed any other events misbehaving or running late. Will keep an eye out.

Incidentally I have been trying out Home Assistant because it has a decent integration for Xiaomi Mi Air Purifiers. Going down the rabbit hole of HA, MQTT, Node-Red, mcsMQTT, ESP chips running ESPEasy firmware - everything's working absolutely fine EXCEPT this irritating voice announcement in the middle of the night. I have briefly thought of ditching HS4 and going back to HS3 or HA if this issue persists.

Comment

Might you have overlooked checking "run only if conditions are met" in the event that calls this one?
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
          Might you have overlooked checking "run only if conditions are met" in the event that calls this one?
          Wow how have I never noticed this before??? I think me overlooking this option could be the root cause of the misbehaving event/schedule. I have ticked the box now and will report back!

Comment

Working...
          X