Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safest way to do 'at least' now HS4 have disabled that trigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safest way to do 'at least' now HS4 have disabled that trigger.

Hi spud

I've just updated to HS4.
    As you will know, the if 'device has been / for at least' trigger has been removed and changed to a condition, which is fine.

But I'm wondering if your plugin works any different, with respect to 'the devices value has NOT changed for at least' option.

HST said that their trigger should never have been a trigger and that there is a risk the system can get bogged down with every second checks etc, or whatever.

I'm wondering what the best way to approach this is, without causing unnecessary system resource drain, either using HS4 inbuilt rules or easytrigger which I already own.

I have a couple of printers at home that get left on by the kids.

The outlet that controls them has energy monitoring so was going to use the watts status change to determine if the device has been idle for 10 minutes.

So If I use easytrigger's:

'if device value (watts) has not changed for at least '

Does this have the risk of also causing the same issues that HS4 inbuilt 'at least' does?

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question, but I can find no reference to how the homeseer or plugin software actually carries out these rules and how to, where possible, avoid running continuous background processing for checking rules.

As I understand it, the HS "trigger", 'has been. . .for at least' is functionally a recurring trigger running about once a second, combined with a condition. You can replicated it by using an explicit recurring trigger. . .and take more control by deciding on the frequency of recurrence that makes the most sense for your situation. I assume the same is true for EasyTrigger.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Interesting that spud doesn't seem to be responding to anything nowdays.
      I'm having issues with easytrigger not working correctly on time ranges with HS4 and I bought the facial recognition only to find out it thinks the snoopy wrapping paper on an old box is a face. Made a big mistake buying that program.
      Easytrigger seemed to work fairly well on HS3, but unless spud decides to update his software, it's not worth it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret View Post
        Interesting that spud doesn't seem to be responding to anything nowdays.
        I'm having issues with easytrigger not working correctly on time ranges with HS4 and I bought the facial recognition only to find out it thinks the snoopy wrapping paper on an old box is a face. Made a big mistake buying that program.
        Easytrigger seemed to work fairly well on HS3, but unless spud decides to update his software, it's not worth it anymore.
        What's your problem with time ranges, and where have you posted it?

As for OP's problem, EasyTrigger does not have "at least" triggers it only has "at least" conditions, so you can do a

IF recurring trigger
        AND IF device has not changed for at least XXXX

but you can't do

IF device has not changed for at least XXX

Comment

spud Been fighting it for a while and have been looking around the forums to find info.
          The issue is: I have a hall light event with time range set. The sensor reacts just fine, but the event doesn't always trigger. Log shows the sensor showing motion detected, but no event. The time is fully within the range. Just sometimes fails to trigger the event.
          And what's up with the face recognition? Wanna hook up with the node red guys and update things?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret View Post
            spud Been fighting it for a while and have been looking around the forums to find info.
            The issue is: I have a hall light event with time range set. The sensor reacts just fine, but the event doesn't always trigger. Log shows the sensor showing motion detected, but no event. The time is fully within the range. Just sometimes fails to trigger the event.
            And what's up with the face recognition? Wanna hook up with the node red guys and update things?
            I can't help you if you don't provide more details: screenshot of your event, debug logs, etc...
            And if your problem is not related to the issue discussed in this thread, please open a new thread.

I have no short term plans to update the Face Recognition plugin. All plugins have a 30 day free trial period, which I think is a long enough period to test the plugin and decide if you want to buy it or not.

Comment

Didn't trial it. Just bought it, but didn't have time to set it up. Was working too much.
              No debug logs. Will set up some test events and see what happens. I've changed the events to just use HS day/night.

Comment

spud Actually looks like it's acting up because the fibaro eyeball sensor is putting out different outputs instead of 1 type.
                Will have to use multiple or's on it I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X