EasyTrigger Push/pop Fails for mcsMQTT Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

FYI, I'm using the latest Chrome and I can't see the pictures either.
    Now, that's weird. My Chrome browser (64-bit, Win 10) updated a few minutes ago from v. 92.0.4515.131 to v. 92.0.4515.159. My screen shots show up just fine in both versions. Perhaps there is some Chrome malware protection option that is blocking the display of pics(?)

EDIT: Or perhaps some browser extension is performing unwanted favors?

Comment

I believe you uploaded it as the wrong file type or unsupported format or a permissions problem, you may be seeing it because you have the image cached locally. Clear your local browser cache or try a different device and see what happens.

I ran an experiment, here is the link to one of your images and the message I get back from the HomeSeer forum server:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/filedata...edataid=104260
      "Invalid File Specified. Please log in to download. - HS Support"

I then picked another random image in the forums and it loaded just fine:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/filedata/fetch?id=1482190

Notice that yours is specified as "filedata" and the second URL I posted just has an ID.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        I believe you uploaded it as the wrong file type or unsupported format or a permissions problem, you may be seeing it because you have the image cached locally. Clear your local browser cache or try a different device and see what happens.

I ran an experiment, here is the link to one of your images and the message I get back from the HomeSeer forum server:
        [ATTACH]n104260[/ATTACH]
        "Invalid File Specified. Please log in to download. - HS Support"

I then picked another random image in the forums and it loaded just fine:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/filedata/fetch?id=1482190

Notice that yours is specified as "filedata" and the second URL I posted just has an ID.

Hope this helps.
        Thanks for your effort. The forum capability to share files and screen shots is obviously critical.

It does help. I clicked on both images you linked, and both images displayed just fine. Then, per your suggestion, I cleared my Chrome cache, and I got the same "Invalid file" message you did. The screen shots I upload are all .jpg format. I can open them with anything I have that accepts jpeg. I have never seen anything that suggests this is not an OK format for forum uploads, and the upload process (Upload Attachments) has never complained.

So, is .jpg format a no-no? And if so, what is the recommended format and/or procedure for screen shot uploads? What format do you use to upload screen shots?

EDIT: I just now made some browser and browser extension setting changes. Is this screen shot readable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-20_7-38-49.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1490638
        Last edited by ericg; August 21, 2021, 12:04 PM. Reason: Testing the effect of changed browser settings

Comment

All,
          After making changes to Chrome and its extensions' permissions, I resubmitted screen shots via edit to post #11. Better?

Comment

Yes, they are visible now.

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post

EDIT: I just now made some browser and browser extension setting changes. Is this screen shot readable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-20_7-38-49.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1490638
              Looking good.

Comment

The debug contains the following which explains why it did not work as expected
                Code:
                8/21/2021 5:59:13 AM 83451539 | SetIOMulti Ref=544, bNumber=False, Value= at MCSMQTT_2020.HSPI.DecimalToRGB (System.Int32 iColor) [0x0012c] in <db993ca13c25496cb060c6252946bb39>:0
                at MCSMQTT_2020.HSPI.SetIOMulti (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] colSend) [0x00ba2] in <db993ca13c25496cb060c6252946bb39>:0 Line 0 Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                I change the approach for conversion to RRGGBB. Update is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSMQTT_51820.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  The debug contains the following which explains why it did not work as expected
                  Code:
                  8/21/2021 5:59:13 AM 83451539 | SetIOMulti Ref=544, bNumber=False, Value= at MCSMQTT_2020.HSPI.DecimalToRGB (System.Int32 iColor) [0x0012c] in &lt;db993ca13c25496cb060c6252946bb39&gt;:0
                  at MCSMQTT_2020.HSPI.SetIOMulti (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] colSend) [0x00ba2] in &lt;db993ca13c25496cb060c6252946bb39&gt;:0 Line 0 Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                  I change the approach for conversion to RRGGBB. Update is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSMQTT_51820.zip
                  SUCCESS! Michael McSharry, your latest post made EasyTrigger push/pop work reliably for my HSBColor devices. I know this cost you some effort, and I appreciate it. I hope that your fix will be included in the next official mcsMQTT release.

-Eric

Comment

Working...
                  X