Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Groups "All Devices" options with first Event Condition

spud

Would love to see an option to use "All Devices" as the first condition in an Event. It would simplify things a lot, and make it far more intuitive for all, especially ppl new to ET / Homeseer. I dont see a way to do this today.

​​​​​​Goal:

The condition becomes true ONLY at the moment it detects all the devices are X value, for at least N minutes.

So, when the 'last' Device has been a given/expected value for N minutes -- the statement becomes true.

As you can see below I highlighted the condition that I'd like to make the First condition. But the 'ALL devices in a Group' is not an available as a first condition as you can see in the drop-down...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Homeseer_ET_AnyDevice-notAll.png Views:	9 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	1492286

I dont think this will work the same and its the closest I can find...
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    spud

​​​​​​Goal: Trigger Event when "All Devices in a Group" are a specific setting for 'N minutes'
    How could this ever work? It would require that all the devices in the group changed to the specific value at the exactly the same time N minutes ago.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      How could this ever work? It would require that all the devices in the group changed to the specific value at the exactly the same time N minutes ago
      I updated the first post to be more clear / specific. LMK if that helps?

Comment

The condition becomes true ONLY at the moment it detects all the devices are X value, for at least N minutes.

So, when the 'last' Device has been a given/expected value for N minutes -- the statement becomes true.
        Then you would have a repetitive Trigger once the devices have been at their specific value “for at least N minutes”. It sounds like you are really asking for a trigger “Any Device has been in the range [x,y] for exactly 10 minutes and all Devices in the group has been in the range [x,y] for at least 10 minutes”. Exactly what you are doing with your Trigger and Condition. You are asking for this compound structure to be in the form of a single Trigger element to “make it far more intuitive”?
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The "All devices in group X" options were omitted from the list of triggers by design. A trigger is something that change at an instant t, and because all devices in a group cannot change at the exact same time, what you are really asking for is a trigger + a condition.
          So in my opinion adding "All devices in group X" options in the list of triggers would be ambiguous and less intuitive.

Comment

Ah yes, got it...

Any Device in <Group> has been in the range [x,y] for exactly 10 minutes
            AND
            All Devices in <Group> are in the range [x,y]

THUS,
            Trigger : will be true multiple times before the event ever runs but only matters when the 'final' group device hits the 10 min mark with the noted value/range
            AND
            Condition : true only after ALL the devices are a given value/range

When I say intuative, I mean a non-coder / automation noobie would not think in the way needed to realize this requires that combo of Trigger + Condition. A 'plain English' (noobie friendly) way would be more like, "When All Devices in Group become in Range for at least 10 mins". We really need a qualifier for the events that say "Trigger only when changing from false to true" and "Trigger on Every time its true" --- there was a action like this in Vera, it was Super Useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              Ah yes, got it...

Any Device in <Group> has been in the range [x,y] for exactly 10 minutes
              AND
              All Devices in <Group> are in the range [x,y]
              I think what you actually want is this:
              Code:
              [INDENT][FONT=Verdana]IF
              Any device in <Group> has been in the range [x,y] for exactly 10 minutes
              AND IF
              All devices in <Group> have been in range [x,y] for at least 10 minutes[/FONT][/INDENT]
              I do this in quite a few events for the exact scenario you describe.

If you're concerned about missing a trigger if HomeSeer is down, you can change it to something like this:
              Code:
              [INDENT][FONT=Verdana]IF
              The event will automatically trigger every 1 second
              AND IF
              All devices in <Group> have been in range [x,y] for at least 10 minutes[/FONT][/INDENT]
              This is very similar to my advice in one of your other threads a little while back.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

I think what you actually want is this:
                Code:
                [INDENT][FONT=Verdana]IF
                Any device in <Group> has been in the range [x,y] for exactly 10 minutes
                AND IF
                I do this in quite a few events for the exact scenario you describe.

If you're concerned about missing a trigger if HomeSeer is down, you can change it to something like this:
                Code:
                [INDENT][FONT=Verdana]IF
                The event will automatically trigger every 1 second
                AND IF
                This is very similar to my advice in one of your other threads a little while back.
                yes thanks. Most of my events are critical across outages but good advice I'll keep in mind for sure!

Comment

Working...
                X