need a little help on adding schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little help on adding schedules

I want to add a schedule for an even to run every 30 minutes if the time is between 10pm to 7am the next morning. It doesn't seem to do anything when I run the event

Is this correct?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-146.png
Views:	298
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1498108

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-147.png
Views:	260
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1498109

I do not make extensive use of schedules, but I think you need to use a week-based schedule to span over midnight, and my reading of the instructions is that you will need to construct the code to span Sun to Mon manually.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
      I want to add a schedule for an even to run every 30 minutes if the time is between 10pm to 7am the next morning. It doesn't seem to do anything when I run the event

Is this correct?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-146.png Views:	27 Size:	72.8 KB ID:	1498108

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-147.png Views:	21 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	1498109
      What exactly do you mean when you say 'run the event'?
      Do you mean nothing happens when you manually run the event by clicking on the icon, or the event doesn't trigger during the time schedule when you think it should?

Your schedule looks odd, in that the time ranges are in reverse order to how EasyTrigger would format them if you had used the Edit button and drawn them. On the other hand if you type a schedule into EasyTrigger it normally erases it if there are any mistakes.

I would use a Day schedule formatted as follows:
      [00:00;07:00],[22:00;00:00]

This gives you from midnight to 7 AM and then from 10 PM to midnight. As a condition this should work for you.

You are using a recurring trigger (If) every 30 minutes which may or may not be what you want. It will start from a random time (when the event engine first starts up) and then every 30 minutes after that. This means that you may be up to 29 minutes into your schedule before a trigger happens and the time range condition (And If) is true.

You have a second condition (And If) which also needs to be true for the event to run and the Action (Then) to be processed.

If, in addition to every 30 minutes, you wanted the event to be triggered at the start of each time range you would need to add another Trigger (Or If) using EasyTrigger 'The time enters this schedule time range'. This would trigger at midnight and 10 pm.
      Your second Trigger could just be 'The Time is 10 PM' which is simpler but wouldn't adjust itself if you were to adjust the Time Schedule.
      Any condition (And If) you want would need to be repeated for the additional trigger.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

So the idea is after 10pm every night, it would check to see if the gate sensor is open, if it is then it would close the gate. The recurring every 30 minute is so that if I happen to open it again after it's closed for whatever reasons, it will close if I forget it and it would only do this up until 7am.

Comment

I do a similar thing with the garage door. If the garage door has been open for more than 5 minutes then send a text "The garage door remains open" It could easily be, close the garage door between certain hours. There is a timer for how long the garage door has been open.

All event, no use of EasyTrigger for this sequence. I love EasyTrigger, just didn't need it here. If you want I can create a sample for you. I think.

Comment

I have similar events for the garage that is not time dependent and it works great. I even added a virtual switch to disable it in case I'm working in the garage. The challenge I'm having is to have the event only run between 10pm and 7am

Comment

I added a line to my garage event that says if the time is after 10pm then close the garage door. I would need to add an OR statement and repeat all the initial steps along with a last line that says if the time is before 7am. Midnight is a cutoff for all time events.

In my case, like you, I wanted to make sure the virtual setting device wasn't set. I could see the virtual device in the drop down list but I couldn't select it. That brought me to a stop.

So I copied the event with one saying after 10pm and the other saying after 7am. That's because everything stops at midnight and then starts again.

FWIW, the same can be done in ET but with two separate time sections, from 10pm to midnight and another from midnight to 7am.

Comment

Working...
              X