Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple toggle devices in a event

Hi
    I´d like to apply the toggle-function in EasyTrigger for three lights in my kitchen. I have one remote key that triggers an event, basically toggling the lights on and off. This works fine in the beginning, but at some point one of the lights gets out of sync, due to missing device state report, og that one light is manually turned on or off.

But multiple toggle-functions does not seem to be synchronized within an evnt, so the lights then newer gets into a common state if one gets out of sync? Is there any way to do this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 15.57.07.png
Views:	177
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1507936
    For only one device within the event the toggle-function seems to work absolutely perfect.

You can toggle a single device, put in a very short (1 second) Wait, then Easy Trigger “Set Device to another Device” to synchronize the rest. It may work without the Wait, but it will help avoid any lack of synchronization if your network has a slight delay.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      You can toggle a single device, put in a very short (1 second) Wait, then Easy Trigger “Set Device to another Device” to synchronize the rest. It may work without the Wait, but it will help avoid any lack of synchronization if your network has a slight delay.
      Thanks, this would work for me in some applications, but I´d like to set the brightness individually for each light source. I can do this making two events that checks if the "prime light bulb) is on/off and acts(off/on) according to this and control the other lights bulbs in the event. But, still I´d like to be able to cycle all lightbulbs to multiple individual brightness levels. To do this I think it is required to have some intra event synchronization of stated.

Comment

OK. In your initial post you were toggling between off and on. If you want to toggle between off and a dim level that is different among several lights, you would need three Events. I would probably toggle a virtual device then use the device to trigger one of two events, one for Off and another to set the various dim levels. Alternately the first event could toggle one light between off and its dim level and two more Events triggered by the state of the primary light to control the remaining lights. One for Off and a second for the various dim levels of the remaining lights. The virtual device solution would limit the synchronization of the lights to using the scene control where triggering off of the primary light would have the synchronization applied with local control of the primary light in addition to the scene control.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes, you´re right about that. At first I just wanted to use the toggle-function for on/off, but soon realized that the cycle between several values was a great feature...if able to be applied to a number of lights. The method you describe would probably solve my sync-problem, so I´ll see if I implement it.
          I hope however that the plug-in-developer would solve this natively in in the plugin, so I don´t need an additional functional "layer". I´ll add this to the feature request thread.

Comment

Have you tried the sync feature built into homeseer?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajAZiG62aY

I find it works well but only with devices using the same comm technologies, i.e. all z-wave device, all x10 devices, all mqtt devices, etc. Trying to sync z-wave with mqtt doesnt work..

Comment

Originally posted by dmagerl View Post
              Have you tried the sync feature built into homeseer?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajAZiG62aY

I find it works well but only with devices using the same comm technologies, i.e. all z-wave device, all x10 devices, all mqtt devices, etc. Trying to sync z-wave with mqtt doesnt work..
              Thanks, it looks like a nice feature. For my part there are two problems with this approach:

1) My lamps are very different in the relation "brightness setting" to the actual light output. Eg my LED downlight lamp in have for some reason the largest response from 1% to 30% brightness, while the other lamps are more linear. I also have dual LED-strips(warm and cool) above my kitchen bench, and when dimming I reduce the cold LED more than the warm LED to obtain a "warm dim".
              2) This relation also seems to be fixed. I only want all lights to be "state synchronized" when I use the cycle lights button.

Comment

Working...
              X